AVIC411.com

Whenever i am traveling in NYC or Boston for that matter and i have a destination put in the unit... the navigation arrow does not match up with my location it is always a Block to the south/north or block to the eas/west of my position. (it is fine on the major highways but when i get into the city traveling around the blocks where there are buildings it alwasy seems to loose me and re calculate me in the wrong position. Or when i get off off the highways into the city, the arrow seems to slwo down a block south of where i actually am... hope this made sense

I have a D2 installed in an 06 Jeep cheerokee..... gps ant. is mounted on back portion of roof above trunk...speed sensor is hooked up via data bus connector and gps signal is always high, even in cities...

any clue as to why this is happening and/or any solutions?

thanks
[quote name="SVT Amateur"]I think it's just an issue with the D2. I know I read that it can confuse streets when they are close together or when travelling between tall buildings. Sometimes the best thing to do when this happens and you know is to just modify your current location.[/quote]

i don't think so. i had this issue with my n1 and at first also thought it was the unit itself but after switching to d2, it's performed flawlessly in nyc. the only times it ever gets "confused" is when i just pulled my car out of an underground garage and it hasn't really found itself for the moment... but usually fixes itself in 5 seconds... and isn't a problem going forward.

i seriously think it's probably installer error.