AVIC411.com

F700BT harness has no VSS?

Just got a AVIC-700BT. The box says updated for 2.0.

The install manual shows a pink wire for the vss speed sensor connection - BUT....there is no pink wire. The power connector harness that came with it (the one with batt, acc, illum, speakers) has no pink wire. There's an empty pin in that harness, so I assume that's where it used to go. The box also came with no long pink wire to run from the harness to wherever I was gonna get a VSS pin.

What's up with this?

The install manual shows a pink wire for the vss speed sensor connection - BUT....there is no pink wire. The power connector harness that came with it (the one with batt, acc, illum, speakers) has no pink wire. There's an empty pin in that harness, so I assume that's where it used to go. The box also came with no long pink wire to run from the harness to wherever I was gonna get a VSS pin.

What's up with this?

700 being a lower-end model does not have gyro or VSS input.

What's up with this?

Doesn't the manual also say that the VSS is "unnecessary" for the 700 on the same page?