AVIC411.com

Okay, so with the help of you kind souls, I was able to resolve a pretty straight foward shorted speaker connection that was overloading the internal Z1 amp and shutting it down. That's resolved... next issue....

K... have plugged the ipod in and get the nice Pioneer splash screen. Select it as source and start playing some tracks.

It appears to be playing the track but no sound. Fast forward, track skip, playlists... the whole enchilada. Just NO SOUND.

All other sources working fine including the navi voice chiming in.

Any suggestions what might be going on here?

BTW... side note... embarresed to post this as it's own question. Is there a trick to muting? hold a button? something like that? While the Z1 mutes nicely for navi and calls and such, it's not as coopprative when my girlfriend has something "important" to say.
Check that the IP bus cable is connected properly.

The blue side goes into the Z1, the black side goes into the iPod unit.

It is a shame that the AVICs don't have a mute button, but remember that Cell Mute wire that I told you might have been causing your speakers to stop working?

What I did was put that wire on a toggle switch with the ground on the other side. Flip the switch, it mutes the Z1 then listen to the girlfriend.

I did that about 2 months ago and its made it soooooo much easier.
Track muting... best you can do is hold the AV button and it will not just mute but turn off the AV that was playing. Think of it as mute and pause :) Best that the Z1 has without a remote. The remotes have a mute button, but only through the remote.

The ipod thing.. I bet that you have the ip bus cable backwards or in the wrong holes.

I believe there is a blue receptacle in the Z1, the cable has a blue end and a black end. The blue end of the cable needs to be in the Z1, then the black end has to go into the black side of the ipod adapter. If it's any other way it will work and seem like everything is fine, but you won't have any audio. Kinda sounds like what you have.
Friends don't let friends help wire their Z1's.

Before work this morning I check the IP-Bus config and sure enough, my buddy plugged it into the wrong socket.

Works like a champ!

This site (and all of your excellent help) has spared me hours and hours of a$$ scratching on hunting down typcially simple problems. Experience is everything!

Thanks again all!