AVIC411.com

Applying CE hacks and mods

I will try that just to be sure.

I want to try another mod in there that so i can test if its because the e-break wire isn't grounded, or I'm just missing something.

If you don't mind could you link me to a Data.zip with some minor mods that i could test out? or just another value I can change to test things out.

Thanks.

i would suggest just doing the hardware bypass,

but if you really like the software bypass, change the value to 256

I want to do a parking break bypass on our F500BT and im pretty sure after reading quite a bit that the hardware mod alone wont work. So can someone help me out here and give me the break down on what the order is and what is necessary to get these certain DATA.zip files altered/edited so I can use these hacks. Thanks

What did you mean by "hardware mod alone won't work"? Hardware mod is better in most cases if not in all cases.

I want to do a parking break bypass on our F500BT and im pretty sure after reading quite a bit that the hardware mod alone wont work. So can someone help me out here and give me the break down on what the order is and what is necessary to get these certain DATA.zip files altered/edited so I can use these hacks. Thanks

What did you mean by "hardware mod alone won't work"? Hardware mod is better in most cases if not in all cases.

i mean that just grounding the parking brake wire wont work, once i start driving i get an error message stating the parking brake is improperly connected.

ill.die.trying....thank you for the help. i got the software mod completed and it works great. greatly appreciate the help

now i just need to figure out how the unit is supposed to power on and off and be consistent about it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have searched but couldn't find the answer still.. Regarding the software bypass, what exactly are you supposed to edit? I know how to transfer the files between testmode and the PC and all of that stuff. However, i have the stock Data.zip archive opened through 7-zip so i havent unzipped yet.. but im wondering which file am i supposed to change the values in? thanks in advance!

edit: i would really like to figure this out soon since I just recently purchased the f500bt and had it hardwired.. however, now whenever the gps is on (when the car is on), i cannot edit the gps address, watch videos, or anything even with the parking brake up

Hey guys, I have searched but couldn't find the answer still.. Regarding the software bypass, what exactly are you supposed to edit? I know how to transfer the files between testmode and the PC and all of that stuff. However, i have the stock Data.zip archive opened through 7-zip so i havent unzipped yet.. but im wondering which file am i supposed to change the values in? thanks in advance!

edit: i would really like to figure this out soon since I just recently purchased the f500bt and had it hardwired.. however, now whenever the gps is on (when the car is on), i cannot edit the gps address, watch videos, or anything even with the parking brake up

apl2/igo/data/project_config/pioneer.ini

control f parking_brake or simply scroll down, then change value to 256.0. save. copy back to sd. copy and paste from storage to apl2/igo. yes to replace.

i mean that just grounding the parking brake wire wont work, once i start driving i get an error message stating the parking brake is improperly connected.

ill.die.trying....thank you for the help. i got the software mod completed and it works great. greatly appreciate the help

now i just need to figure out how the unit is supposed to power on and off and be consistent about it.

no prob