AVIC411.com

3.0 for F includes 3.0101 for X?

So this came out on the 6th this week:

July 6, 2009

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

We would like to inform you of the availability of a NEW free firmware update (version 3.0101; released in July 2009) for the AVIC-X Series in-dash navigation systems (AVIC-X910BT and AVIC-X710BT). In addition, this firmware update applies only to models sold in the United States.

This firmware update (version 3.0101) contains important performance improvements relating to the Map display, Track Log data, “Delete All User Data†feature, iPod Alphabetical Search, and enhanced reliability during firmware update process.

This notice explains how to obtain the free firmware update and how to determine if the firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-X910BT or AVIC-X710BT.

Even if you are not currently experiencing any issues with your AVIC X-Series in-dash system, we still recommend that you install the free firmware update. Installation of the update should take approximately ten minutes to complete.

Should the 3.0 for the F series include these updates for the X series?

Hopefully once we all get the 3.0 update applied we will then be able to partake of these latest 3.x fixes - especially if they re-wrote the UI from the ground up - there are bound to be a few glitches with the new 3.0 with patches coming out quickly - such as the one you referenced. Just my .02$

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

One would like to assume this is why they are taking their sweet time releasing it. A few months after x series is released they release 3.0 for f? Its nearly identical one would assume. So I would like to think anyway its stuff like this they are resolving before releasing a paid for update.

Only other thing I can think of is they have to setup a system for copying sd cards at a high rate, but I find that hard to believe.