AVIC411.com

Front Aux Mini Jack

Hi folks.

I am trying to hook up an mp3 device to my front minijack connector on my D3, using an 1/8 to 1/8" mini jack cable. Will this work? I cannot get any sound to come out. I tried selected Aux 1 and Aux2, but still nothing.... what am i doing wrong?

Is the front aux for video only?

There are two cables from pioneer, one is a single adapter that plugs into the unit and your MP3. It is able to do audio and video depending on how your MP3 is set up--usually at the headphone jack. the other is 3 rca connections. Both worked when I connected the 60 gb ipod video I use. If you have an iphone you will need to get the rca cable along with the composite cable from apple. The single plug will only work in audio not video on the iphone. Note: if you use another mp3 player or ipod ---control is from the player not the unit.

What exactly is the special cable? I went to radio shack and bought an audio cable with a male end on both side, plugged it into the headphone jack on the ipod and into the input on the front of the D3, I used it that way for about a year until I broke down and bought the pioneer ipod cable. The audio cable was $5 from radio shack, not a special cable from pioneer.

What exactly is the special cable? I went to radio shack and bought an audio cable with a male end on both side, plugged it into the headphone jack on the ipod and into the input on the front of the D3, I used it that way for about a year until I broke down and bought the pioneer ipod cable. The audio cable was $5 from radio shack, not a special cable from pioneer.

Correction: A cable that is "more special" than a typical mini-plug style stereo connector patch cable.

BIG C - it works as you describe.... with my ipod it works great. aux 2 front input with a mini jack to mini jack. if i try to hook up my blackberry and use pandora i get a horrible wine over the music.... any ideas there?

It could be electrical interference by the wiring in your car.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I've tried two patch cables and neither worked. One was a cheap radioshack cable, the other a gold-plated monster patch cable (or some other big-name brand). Neither worked with any combination of settings. Might have to break down and go with the Pioneer branded cable, just to make sure it's not the jack itself that is bad.

(also, I've tried numerous mp3 players, too...not just one)