AVIC411.com

Hey there all,

I had an interesting thing yesterday when I was hooking up my XM Nav Traffic unit to my Z2 flashed to Z3. I don't have a subscription yet and everything is talking fine to my Z2, but on the preview channels there is no audio. I thought that I should at least get that, am I doing something wrong. I have all the cabling hooked up correctly, good signal and the Z2 tells me what station it is, data cable is also hooked up with the IP-Bus cable.

Any enlightenment on this would be great, another thing that I have to call XM about is that I bought my XM Nav Traffic unit used and when I type in the ID to subscribe it tells me that it is already activated, I guess I will have to call, have any of you run into this before also?

Thanks in advance.

You should be getting audio on the preview channel. Does the Z tell you the song title that is 'supposed' to be playing? Can you access all channels or only certain channels? Also recheck your IP-Bus cable for input going to output, espeically if you have multiple things daisy chained on the IP-Bus cable.

On your other question, you can install the GPS antenna under the dash as long as the magnet is down, and you should attach it to metal (this helps the GPS strength).

Thanks bud.

I don't have the subscription yet, but yes on the preview channel it tells you what it is, and emergency channel.

That is all that I see right now.

As far as the Ip Bus this is all that I have hooked up right now to it. I am sure the color codings matter on the IP Bus cable, I put those in as the manual stated to, blue to the receiver and didn't say on the Z, I will go out and look again and make sure that I got everything hooked up right. Thanks for the reply. I will report back with what I find.

Mike

Ok went out and I got it figured out. Looked at the install directions again and I had the IP BUs cable hooked to the input instead of the output :roll: I guess that is what I get for not looking hard enough at it. Anyway thanks again, The question on the ground to the metal plate for the antenna still stands, let me know when you get the chance, thanks

Mike