AVIC411.com

Buying 2nd Hand F900bt in uk

Hi guys first post, been browsing for a few weeks, and decided on the strength of this site to buy F900bt.(2nd Hand)

My concern is the unit will be registered to the previous owner, so when I try to update the speed cameras and firmware, and use Navgate software, will this cause me problems?

Also how often do Pioneer update their cameras, as that is very important to me.

Lastly, is the subscription to Traffic free, like with Kenwood, or is it a one off payment for life or a yearly subscription?

Oh and one other thing are there any VW background screens ? 8)

Thanks

In the UK.........

1. Assuming that the previous owner has updated the cameras is a big ask. You may find that's not been registered and even if it has, perhaps you could ask for his logins ? But really the speed camera pois are not brilliant and often have cameras that don't exist in my area.

2. The updates do appear to be regular and come from POICON, see http://www.speedcamupdate.com

3. The traffic updates come over TMC and is free, mine often gets them from Classic FM. This does work well.

4. Look around this site, you'll find plenty of VW start up screens and mods, but how these will work under v3.0 is anyones guess

K.

Thanks Kraven,

The Fella I am buying it from said that he has updated the firmware and the cameras, but everything is registered to the unit!!! :?

Is it difficult to change the maps on the unit, I seem to recall that some posters have said that they don't use the supplied maps and I am sure I even read that someone uses Garmin maps!!?

Last thing I was under the impression that TMC had its own built in tuner in the unit and didn't use Classic FM lol

now I am totally confused