AVIC411.com

Watching Videon on AVIC-X910BT

I just bought and had a X910BT Installed. I would like to be able to watch a DVD while driving not just while the parking brake is on. Can someone confirm how to do this with the softmod? If I understand correctly you download the new 3.0 Firmware from the pioneer website and go to the pioneer.ini file and change 16 to 256. You save it and install the firmware. Is this correct or is there more to this. Im new to this and I dont want to screw up the whole system with some corrupt file. TIA

John

Also has anyone done this on the X910BT? Wondering if there are any differences. TIA

I am curious how the DIVX playback is, the F series blew donkey balls at playing anything in DIVX, which sucked considering that was a major reason i went with this unit to begin with.

oh and yes I have mine set up with only a software bypass and it works fine. though only an F900, basically your telling the Avic that at 256 KPH to turn on the warning and disable viewing video

I guess Im confused what the pioneer.ini file has to do with the windows CE file. It makes ense to change the speed from 16 to 256 but when and why do you have to install the Testmode files. i.e. before or after the pioneer file. Ive read a lot on this but Im nervous to screw up the whole system and most posts are just how to do a particular step and not the whole thing from start to finish. TIA

I guess Im confused what the pioneer.ini file has to do with the windows CE file. It makes ense to change the speed from 16 to 256 but when and why do you have to install the Testmode files. i.e. before or after the pioneer file. Ive read a lot on this but Im nervous to screw up the whole system and most posts are just how to do a particular step and not the whole thing from start to finish. TIA

Testmode is just HOW you get into windows...it does not change anything, it lets you go into the avic and copy files onto and off of it.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25329&hilit=Testmode

check out that link, all you have to do is DL the flie extract the contents onto an SD card and your good to go. then insted of booting up the Avic software, windows loads up

Thanks for the info that clears it up a little. But what does windows replace? What is the difference between windows and avic? Is windows running in any form on the ubit to begin with? Im still a little confused about that.

Thanks again!

Yes, Windows is always running in the background, it is the operating system, same as on your computer, Testmode simply stops the avic interface from loading over top of it and lets you use windows to manipulate files, ect.

• 1 month later...
Yes it is still necessary to ground the parking brake wire to have the bypass work with the software bypass.

Disagree, I have the F910BT (EW version of the X910BT) and I only editted the pioneer.ini file , no wire changes at all, and now I have full nav features and video playback whilst in motion.

Yes it is still necessary to ground the parking brake wire to have the bypass work with the software bypass.

Disagree, I have the F910BT (EW version of the X910BT) and I only editted the pioneer.ini file , no wire changes at all, and now I have full nav features and video playback whilst in motion.

I made the software mod but having the parking brake off still cuts vid. Isn't it possible this parking brake grounding issue could be vehicle specific?