AVIC411.com

EU F700/F900 V3 Firmware Upgrade only - How2 for Noobs

he only thing i can add to this is why not using a USB stick for the My Flash Drive.

any way my image of my UK F900BT V3 Firmware (no new maps) only is uploaded on my web site

Good job, I wont bother doing mine then.

Bear in mind to anyone using Bitmans image, you MUST update the WinCE manually first.

this image is for persons who have installed the US version and deleted their 2008 maps... and don't have a backup.

not working. in my avic f900bt

update wince ok but if stard navi (system is loading.wait) and nothing

help me

+1

I instaled winCE.

Dismount Flash disk

Format Flash disc

Copy USB drive with all files to Flash disk

When 100% is complete i push reboot buton.

stard navi (system is loading.wait) and nothing

help me

Please help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. With 2.07 firmware you got the slowest WINCE existing :wink:. But the higher speed comes only from a new WINCE! So, you need to update to that WINCE, which is included in the AVIC-X910-update from the pioneer site.

But when you only update WINCE, the navigation won't work anymore (FM, DVD,... works fine - but navigation won't start) - to solve that issue, you have to download the APL2-folder given by AVIC_WEO on the turboss.com site.

Look out for the existing "how to's" in this hack-section, which describe the necessary steps in a very detailed manner. Good luck!

Hi,

I'm one of those noobies that bricked their unit trying to hack the update. Just wanted to let everyone know that you don't have to hack your unit to get the update. I called Pioneer, told them that I purchased my unit in June, and they GAVE me the 3.0 Update with maps for FREE!!!! They didn't ask where I purchased it from, or the serial #, they only wanted the date I purchased the unit. That's it. I should receive my order within 4 to 6 weeks.

For me not wanting to wait and spend $, I now have to figure out how to reimage my F7010bt now. I also f*ed up by not making a backup. But thanks to you guys for posting up the backup so that I can at least fix my unit. You guys are awesome and I wanted to give you the heads up on the official update for free.

BTW, I did purchase my unit in June, but again, they didn't ask for any proof. Be honest.

OMartinez

• 3 years later...

please can someone help i have a avic f900bt with version 2.009000 but also says no map version in service information .

This unit constantly says system starting in progress .please wait , and after a min or two you get a blue screen the constantley restarts . i have downloaded latest firmware from pioneer and put in on sd card but when i insert it , it doesnt do anythink even when i try to reset using reset , i am gathering there is a corruption in maps somewhere or there are no maps on this unit please can someone give me a noob guide into scrubbing whole sytem and putting all new software on or just maps or what ever i need to fixing this unit many thanks guys ...