AVIC411.com

Navigation troubles - Need some help/advice

I have had my D2 only a couple of weeks, but it does not seem to be working very good at all?? I have had it installed professionally, and they have also followed the bypass instructions here on this forum. It all seems to be working fine however, Here's my main issues:
1. Speed pulse will NOT work (nor Vehicle Dynamics - Calibration screen).
2. GPS/Map does not seem accurate. The guidance arrow will NOT stay straight. I have to constantly "modify" my location in the settings and even then, does not stay on the road, keeps turning all kinds of angles, and therefore does not even give me the name of the road/street I am currently driving on.

Does Anyone here have any advice or knowledge that could help me out?? again, my installer tells me the bypass is done from the info off this forum, and that the VSS wire IS hooked up.

Thank you so much to anyone that could help me out here.
If you have no speed pulse reading at all, then either your installer is lying to you and lazy to try to find the wire, or simply an idiot and didnt hook up the right wire.
If your VSS was installed correctly, you would definitely have a speed pulse reading, as well as a better navigation reading while driving.
[quote name="DEA"]
2. GPS/Map does not seem accurate. The guidance arrow will NOT stay straight. I have to constantly "modify" my location in the settings and even then, does not stay on the road, keeps turning all kinds of angles, and therefore does not even give me the name of the road/street I am currently driving on.
[/quote]

I had a similar issue with the guidance arrow not staying straight on roads. After messing with it and correcting location (which got old quick) I went into the 3D setting and told it to recalibrate. It's been totally fine since. I think it may have something to do with the internal gyro needing to be reset after installation.

I did have mine professionally installed and have the VSS.
--
~Chris

2007 Avalanche with iPod Integration, working OnStar and Factory Steering wheel control.