AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

Hey guys,

Can someone update this with the proper steps/files? It seems that there is some incomplete information here and file links don't work anymore.

I would like to update my F500BT as well :)

Actually, these steps still work; here's my upgrade path (having never added a single mod to my f500bt).

(Hint: Read the FAQs at the to of the hacks/mod section for some general knowledge/terminology)

(Hint #2: Step #5 - backup - is critical!)

1) Upgrade to pioneeer 2.006 software from the Pioneer site, via their instructions.

2) Grab the files from the FX3.1 update thread here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351. These are ALL the files you need for a basic update - nothing else required.

3) Extract the files from the RAR file to a freshly formatted 4GB SD disk. The RAR archive contains new files for the "My Flash Disk" folder on the f500bt. We're only going to deal with the APL2 folder on the f500bt and SD card.

4) Reboot f500bt with the 4GB disk inserted, letting the unit open in test mode (the RAR file contains not only the new files, but also the files required to start in testmode).

5) Copy/Move the APL2 folder FROM the f500BT to the SD drive in a safe spot (this is your "backup" - ie, put it in a folder that you've created on the SD card called "backup") - you can delete this folder from your device when done copying.

6) Copy the license file from your backup (APL2) to the "LICENSE" folder found under the My Flash Disk/APL2 folder in the SD Drive - you should know have 3 license files in the folder ( one generic, one pre-existing presumably linked to these new APL2 files, and your original).

7) Copy the entire SD/My Flash Disk/APL2 folder back over to the f500bt (into My Flash Disk/APL2), which restores the structure of folders to how it was originally.

8) Remove the SD card and reboot.

9) Drink beverage of choice.

You can actually do this same process by simply copying files from the APL2 folder on the SD card over top of the

files on the device and in theory it may all work (some others seem to have reported success). I had a hell of a time copying over though - certain files (ie, "EZRider") simply wouldn't copy properly, unless I copied it with a bunch of other files - no clue why, haven't experienced this with WinCE in the past (used to tinker back in the late 90s with WinCE).

In any event - single file download, a bit of careful copying and you're done. Should be doable in an 45 minutes or so (after the file download) if you work quickly and carefully, and happen to have an extra touchscreen stylus kicking around...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GTC...I made it as same way you say. I have in License folder these files:

- device.nng

- GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic

- Pioneer_PNA_FEU7PPC@0710_(TA_only)_NN747.lic

I download from pioneer in EU, SD file, unzip a copy APL2 folder. I found, it was restore a file MAP named: UnitedKingdom7PPC.fbl

Notice 7PPC in map file and license file name. Now everything is OK, just a problem, would be PERFECT if I lived in UK. Now I only can select UK, but I live in Spain :oops::oops:

Where is the bug?

thanks

JAvivi

Notice 7PPC in map file and license file name. Now everything is OK, just a problem, would be PERFECT if I lived in UK. Now I only can select UK, but I live in Spain :oops::oops:

Where is the bug?

@JAvivi - I Sounds like you downloaded the UK maps only. Did you happen to see a file called "Spain.fbl" (or something similar)? I did a quick search on google, and Spain.fbl does come up as an iGo2010 map file, so it's likely what you are looking for...

I have the whole EU maps. I found many people with same problems but with another countries.

Problems appear when I update the new DATA.zip file

Just re-read your previous post - I noted that you have two license files; I have three (see my note in step #6 of the instructions above). You should have one generic license and one new one (both from the new APL2 folder), and your original license file that is tied to your device - I'm not 100% sure about the usage of this license file; if I don't include it on my device, I can't load any maps at all so it may be related to your issue.

There is a third file in license folder from file download from piooner EU web site: it is Avic.txt and indice only egos text: AVIC In inziped file there were not .lic file in license folder

Javivi

What about the license file from your original APL2 folder - the one that was on your device before updating?