AVIC411.com

Back-up Camera install question for F150 owners or anyone

Hello guys,

I have a question for F150 owners or anyone that has the back up camera. I am thinking about buying the camera, but I am unsure where to install it. I have the tow package, but unlike GMC and Chevrolet we do not have that little space in the bracket to stick a camera. If anyone has it installed could you post pictures so I can get an idea? Also, if you have where you hooked the power and ran the wires that would be greatly appreciated also.

Navyguy (John)
Navguy,

I have a F350 with a chrome rear bumper. I stuck the camera on top of the bumper in the middle right above the license plate. It is still low enough that the tailgate doesn't touch. It works great. Because my truck is a long bed I had to run the cable into the cab behind the rear seat. The connection box is mounted there and the power cables and RCA cable are run to the dash.

Pioneer should have supplied a longer cable like some other brands use. As an example, the Eclipse camera has a long enough cable to run all the way to the dash with extra.

I can't include a picture right now, sorry.
[quote name="imagamejunky"]Navguy,

I have a F350 with a chrome rear bumper. I stuck the camera on top of the bumper in the middle right above the license plate. It is still low enough that the tailgate doesn't touch. It works great. Because my truck is a long bed I had to run the cable into the cab behind the rear seat. The connection box is mounted there and the power cables and RCA cable are run to the dash.

Pioneer should have supplied a longer cable like some other brands use. As an example, the Eclipse camera has a long enough cable to run all the way to the dash with extra.

I can't include a picture right now, sorry.[/quote]

imagamejunky,

Thanks for the information. When you mean in the middle of the bumper do you mean that you put the mounting bracket behind the license plate or right above it so the camera would fold down? I am just trying to picture this in my head, thanks.