AVIC411.com

A few things I have noticed about 3.01

I installed 3.0 then 3.01 last night and these are things I just noticed on my way to work this morning.

1 in 3d mode road name does not show unless I am zoomed in real close.

2 there is limited angel adjustment in 3d.

3 Curser does not stay on road (could not find setting in menu for this).

4 HWY sings suck! (but I can see the need for them sometimes).

But otherwise it is a good update so far.

I installed 3.0 then 3.01 last night and these are things I just noticed on my way to work this morning.

1 is controlled (to some degree) by font size on 3D map (roadsign_lines_per_screen setting in [3d_config]), and to a larger degree by settings in color_scheme's [clip_planes] section

2 There are limits set for tilt in SYS.TXT (3d_max_tiltlevel and 3d_min_tiltlevel in [ma[]

3 There should still be something like 'Snap to Road' in settings.

4 THat's really TeleAtlas' problem. Once EzRider is hacked we might be able to use Navteq maps...

i now have finaly 3.0 on my f900bt EU but how can i get 3.1 on it?.

if i do it whit the office pioneer update is not working

can sombody tell me?.

i now have finaly 3.0 on my f900bt EU but how can i get 3.1 on it?.

if i do it whit the office pioneer update is not working

can sombody tell me?.

Yea... if you actually used the search function and did not post in an arbitrary topic you would have come across this:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25878

Follow this link and then follow their directions.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 10BT?tab=F

1 I will play with settings. Cannot remember if larger setting is more or less displayed.

2 No settings like that in my sys.txt but seen some else added them I will test to see if it works

3 In 2.xx there was a setting for 'Snap to Road' but I have not seen it in 3.01.

Edited: It is set to snap to road but it is off center to the left edge of the road. Seen some were how to change that in 2.xx will see if I can find it and if it works on 3.01

4 dam!!!

I'm not sure about anyone else but i have noticed after doing the update my sound quality (via radio, ipod, etc) sucks. I know this mainly to update maps and a few other bugs and what not but if you go into sound settings, you no longer see what preset your EQ is set to (Powerful, Natural, etc) unless you press the EQ button. Same for a few other options within the sound settings. Everything else is decent for me for now but my system def doesn't hit the same way it used to pre 3.010

I have not noticed that but I can get AM here in Houston and before 3.01I could not get the two stations i listen to on AM.

I'm not sure about anyone else but i have noticed after doing the update my sound quality (via radio, ipod, etc) sucks. I know this mainly to update maps and a few other bugs and what not but if you go into sound settings, you no longer see what preset your EQ is set to (Powerful, Natural, etc) unless you press the EQ button. Same for a few other options within the sound settings. Everything else is decent for me for now but my system def doesn't hit the same way it used to pre 3.010
UK 7 digit postcodes no longer get an exact location. You now need to add a house number always. This really sucks.

the UK 7 digit never gives the exact location. it the street not the actual house number.

don't beleave me? check with your next door neightbor if he has the same postcode as you...

1 is controlled (to some degree) by font size on 3D map (roadsign_lines_per_screen setting in [3d_config]), and to a larger degree by settings in color_scheme's [clip_planes] section

2 There are limits set for tilt in SYS.TXT (3d_max_tiltlevel and 3d_min_tiltlevel in [ma[]

3 There should still be something like 'Snap to Road' in settings.

4 THat's really TeleAtlas' problem. Once EzRider is hacked we might be able to use Navteq maps...

Where is the color_scheme's [clip_planes] section? I would like to see the street names in 3d mode.

Thanks!

Where is the color_scheme's [clip_planes] section? I would like to see the street names in 3d mode.

Thanks!

Check the Color Schemes thread. AFAIK, not every scheme has this section. Or do a search for clip_planes.