AVIC411.com

Need help locating E-brake wire on 06' 350z

Well I installed my AVIC-D2 on my 350z this weekend and it appears that I didn't do it right :( .

I am getting the message that my ebrake wire is not hooked up right. And everyone once and awhile it locks me out from putting in any addresses.

Can anyone tell me where my ebrake wire is located in my 2006 350z? Apparently I didn't pick the right one.

Thanks
Ave
Do you want to hook the wire up correctly so that you are locked out when moving? Or do you want to bypass the lockouts?

If you want to bypass it, then ground the parking brake wire and in the power harness you will see an empty slot all the way on the right side. Stick a wire in there, make sure it makes good contact with the pin on the headunit and ground that.

You may have to reset your unit, but after that if you did it properly you will have no more lockouts :lol:
You know, I may just go ahead and do that. I don’t know why I didn’t do it to begin with. It was a PAIN getting all the cables to fit behind the stereo.

Out of curiosity, where the heck is the ebrake wire? I must have spent about 2 hours researching the net trying to find out.
As for the parking brake wire, I don't know what the inside of the 350 Z looks like, but it will be close to the pivot point on the parking brake device. If it's a foot pedal then look up where it pivots and if it's a hand brake look either on the handle or on the body of the vehicle, there will be a switch to sense when it's engaged or disengaged.
Just for giggles here's the info.

Parking Brake purple - parking brake switch

Ducati's correct. Once you pull the center console, if you look at the base of the parking brake, you'll see a single pin plug with a purple wire in it. That'd be your brake wire.

Oy yeah merry xmas