AVIC411.com

Were you successful in upgrading to 3.01?

Were you succesful in upgrading to 3.01?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Were you succesful in upgrading to 3.01?

• Yes - works 100%
    • No - 3.0 works fine but 3.01 causes problems
    • No - I couldn't get 3.0 to work
    • I haven't tried installing 3.01 yet

also have the F700bt and mine is working 100% with 3.01. I also have mine modded with guga's theme icons, easy day scheme and monopoly night scheme. compass Nav route cancel button aswell as nav voice mute button. not a single problem and fast as hell compared to V2.XX

F700bt works great after upgrading to 3.0 then 3.01. Significant performance increase, and zero problems so far. Screen response is much better, indexing for my iPhone is far faster, maps are noticeably smoother scrolling and loading. Bootup time is much better as well. Still room for improvement, though overall very happy. Where 2.0... heck 1.0 should have been. Makes me wonder if there will be anything on my purchased upgrade that will be different from what I have now. I dont mind paying for the maps annually and if they can keep the OS revisions and application enhancement continuing it will be a satisfying investment, just as my many windows ce based phones have been in the past (with the modified ROMS from XDA Developers that is ) .

F700bt works great after upgrading to 3.0 then 3.01. Significant performance increase, and zero problems so far. Screen response is much better, indexing for my iPhone is far faster, maps are noticeably smoother scrolling and loading. Bootup time is much better as well. Still room for improvement, though overall very happy. Where 2.0... heck 1.0 should have been. Makes me wonder if there will be anything on my purchased upgrade that will be different from what I have now. I dont mind paying for the maps annually and if they can keep the OS revisions and application enhancement continuing it will be a satisfying investment, just as my many windows ce based phones have been in the past (with the modified ROMS from XDA Developers that is ) .

Maps and firmware are the same. Just confirmed from Pioneer. Just a FYI.

Like others in the main 3.0 thread, I had a problem with the upgrade after uncompressing AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update-1.zip on my Mac and then copying it to an SD card from my Mac.

When I uncompressed and copied it on a Windows machine, it worked just fine.

Other than that, it worked fine.

I did mine on windows 7. I also used a single 1gb card just copied the data back and forth wiping and copying new data in. Best to have a larger card but not a necessity as everything can fit on a 2gb card with ease. its like the performance difference from my old iphone 3g to my 3gs... very snappy.

Ok that was easy. Thanks everyone - 3.01 installed without a hitch.

For anyone having problems - I used 7zip to unzip the update.

And for those wondering if its worth it - I haven't used it much yet and the list of updates isn't that big but when it comes right down to it - its replacing almost 400 meg of files, it must have at least a few worth-while upgrades/fixes.

I was an early modder to 3.01, as I am very familiar with Windows/WinCE/WinMobile. I essentially followed performed the the procedure in this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817 ) before someone was so nice as to put it in a nice, easy to read format with pics.

The 3.01 modifications to my F700BT resulted in a huge improvement in overall unit performance. My modded 2.0 unit would reboot by itself at least two to three times a week. It was sluggish at everything. The 3.01 modded unit is very responsive, and I have had zero issues since performing the mod.

My only complaint to date is the lack of a hacked easyrider file :D , but that will come in due time.

If you have not modded..........why the hell not? ...........get busy!!! :!:

In my opinion, if you have already upgraded to 3.0, upgrading to 3.01 will be EASY. The first 1-3 steps (getting pass the timed blue screen) for the 3.0 update took at least an hour to get right. But after that it was a cake walk.

You should definitely upgrade to 3.01, its a snap and the unit does all the work for you. Just put in your SD card and the unit does everything automatically.

Little disappointed that none of these updates help the boot up time, but everything else is definitely faster and more responsive.

3.01 works great but i still have a problem with my sd card! The screen keeps freezing while playing music! Tried 3.0 still the same. People say using scandisk sd works no problem. I have tried a generic 8gb sdhc and a ocz 8gb sdhc still with problems along with the usb? I don't know what to do? But a 3rd sd card and try scandisk? Dvd music mp3 play no problem and also a 1gb sd card? Wondering if head unit is defective or something? Pulled out my sync stock unit for this F900bt and it wont even play properly in sd and usb?