AVIC411.com

VSS hooked up correct??

I'm confused on if my vss is working. If I go to the vehicle dynamics screen it will show my speed increase and decrease. If i go to the 3d calibration screen where it displays connection status, speed pulse, the distance works but the speed pulse stays 0, and the status say's "simple hybrid".

Now if i read the book it says simple hybrid means it isnt hooked up to the vss. but if it isnt, why does my vehcile dynamic screen show my speed??

im confused!
  • 1 year later...
I have a scion TC...where and what color is my vss? How will I know if my vss is connect? I'm a newbie to this type of things. i have a D2 right now. thank you in advance.

"Orange/silver wire in the HVAC plug, when looking at the face of the plug(that goes into the hvac unit) it's to the lower right... carries the VSS signal, and is close and easy"

• 2 weeks later...

3rd day today where my boy and I will finish the installation. One thing though, we have a rear view camera to deal with so I was wondering how to set it up.. He told me that we'll just hook it up with the reverse lights, but wouldn't that only cut on the D1 if and only if it's in reverse? Confused if this will be able to turn on when you check up on the rear view camera while traveling forward.... I really wanted to put a switch because I feel bad about buying it from eBay (hey man, it was a good price!) So another way I saw in other threads was to connect the RED to ACC, Black to Ground, and head unit's reverse to vehicle'z reverse, correct? Where to put the switch?

Also, where and what color is the VSS wire for the 2003 Infiniti G35 Auto Coupe?

Thanks

3rd day today where my boy and I will finish the installation. One thing though, we have a rear view camera to deal with so I was wondering how to set it up.. He told me that we'll just hook it up with the reverse lights, but wouldn't that only cut on the D1 if and only if it's in reverse? Confused if this will be able to turn on when you check up on the rear view camera while traveling forward.... I really wanted to put a switch because I feel bad about buying it from eBay (hey man, it was a good price!) So another way I saw in other threads was to connect the RED to ACC, Black to Ground, and head unit's reverse to vehicle'z reverse, correct? Where to put the switch?

Also, where and what color is the VSS wire for the 2003 Infiniti G35 Auto Coupe?

Thanks

I don't know about the D1 but on the D3 you can just power the cam up on the ground and power leads going into the unit and run the reverse wire to the reverse light and the D3 will turn the cam on when you go into reverse. Also you can go into map view and click Reverse Cam and it'll come on also.

Yeah, I've been playing around with the D1 and I saw the REAR view camera icon so I believe it works either way.... We didn't finish the install YET but hopefully this weekend we'll open up everything again and just finish it up..

SLIM PS2

Swi-pac

Rear deck speakers

And had few questions but i'll ask another time since my girl JUST called me.. haha pc