AVIC411.com

Branded POIs - some are transparent, others not?

I don't get this. I'm using the updated/hacked Branding.zip file from here. It makes no sense.

Why do some POIs appear semi-transparent, like Starbucks and Burger King logos, while otehrs appear as solid and much more readable like Dunkin donuts and Sovereign Bank?

I would like them to at least be consistent, but preferably be all solid as they are much easier to make out when not faded back 50%.

EDIT: Figured it out by searching a bit more. Never mind. Mods - you can delete this thread if you like.

I would like to know as well. I haven't added the branded POI icons yet and would like to soon and my current POI's are semi-transparent also.

the settings for the POI being transparent is in the .spr files associated with the POI .bmp file

every POI .bmp file has a .spr file with it

an example of a .spr file

BmpFlags = 0

DefFlags = ALPHA_PIXEL | ALPHA_LAYER

DefPhase = 1

Stripes = 32

DefAlpha = 22

The heading for transparency is DefAlpha

change the number higher to get the image more solid

ok. And thanks. I think I understand this and will find and try this fix. Thanks for answering. And how high of a number can you use. I think 32 is ok? Higher?

update (Aug 7th): ok, it was at 22, so I tried 32, but the poi's are still the same. Is there a limit on how high the number can be? Or can you actually go too high? And what about the 'stripes' number? Will a lower number make the poi larger? Easier to see? Thanks again