AVIC411.com

NAV Acting Weird When Sitting Still...

When the car is not moving, the map rotates 180 degrees really fast and then back a few times then it settles down when I start moving again... why is this? Will the 3.0 update fix this? Thanks

In navi settings i beleive there is an option to snap to road. Turn that option on and that should fix it.

When the car is not moving, the map rotates 180 degrees really fast and then back a few times then it settles down when I start moving again... why is this? Will the 3.0 update fix this? Thanks

In navi settings i beleive there is an option to snap to road. Turn that option on and that should fix it.

hmm i couldn't find that option...

another thing after i updated to 3.0, when the system boots up and i go to the nav screen, there is a waypoint selected and I am unable to remove it... but after a few minutes of mucking with it, it will finally let me go to 3D mode... why is this? How do I remove waypoints?

Sorry just found out that the option i was talking about was in 2.0. I noticed when i had 2.0 my nav wuld act weired when stopped and then when i selected the snap to road option or always on road (can't remember the exact name) it stoped dong that. I am work right now and rode my bike or i ould go outside and try to find out if the option is still in 3.0. The waypoints you should be able to press the map button to get rid of it. As far as i know the way point is the last place you were at between power cycles.

Sorry just found out that the option i was talking about was in 2.0. I noticed when i had 2.0 my nav wuld act weired when stopped and then when i selected the snap to road option or always on road (can't remember the exact name) it stoped dong that. I am work right now and rode my bike or i ould go outside and try to find out if the option is still in 3.0. The waypoints you should be able to press the map button to get rid of it. As far as i know the way point is the last place you were at between power cycles.

hmm i see... i dont really need to know where i was last time as I'm pretty sure I know where I have been lol... is there a way to disable it and make it go into 3d mode when u turn it on? its kind of a PITA to have to mess with it to get it working... maybe 3.01 will fix this?

I just updated to 3.01 so its acting a bit better.... but it still takes about 30 seconds for the nav to respond once I pull out of the parking garage.. I guess thats normal? And its weird that that I have to select a 2nd way point, then click map again, then scroll thru 2D, 3D and N^ to get it to go into 3D mode again... very strange.. but all in all the system is working pretty well. :)

The 30 sec wait should be because the gps is getting a signal. The scrolling through the 2d, Nup, and 3d to get what you want should not be happening. It should stay on the view you left it in when you tuned off the car. I wonder if you got a bad install and maybe reinstalling the software will fix that.

If you have a 500 make sure pedestrian mode is not on.

no i have a F90BT... wha is pedestrian mode for anyways?

no i have a F90BT... wha is pedestrian mode for anyways?

Pedestrian mode (obviously more applicable to portable units like F500) switches to on-foot navigation mode, where the unit is more sensitive to slow movements, and ignores things like one-way streets and alike which only apply when you are driving.

It's just how GPS works... I'm going to assume that you don't have the speed sense wire connected, either. If you are sitting still and your signal is about 90%, then it gets better to 95% (which is more accurate obviously) BUT the newer more accurate position is behind where it thought you were, it will flip you around thinking that you are traveling the other direction.