AVIC411.com

D3 XM Radio w/ Bluetooth

okay so my girlfriend bought me an xm tuner with the nav traffic and im tryin to hook it up. my question is, do i connect the output of the xm to the input of the bluetooth, or the input of the xm to the output of the bluetooth...or neither? ....and do i need to use the antenna that came with the xm considering theres one that comes with the d3 already? thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

ok i just got me the same setup a few days ago.. i DIY the installation.. for dome reason my XM doesent have audio. but my bluetooth does. but it detects the sirius.. i asked dome friends and they said there should be a certain sequence. true or not? meaning avic to bluetooth to sirius OR avic to sirius to bluetooth? bluetooth has audio btw..

as far as the antenna on the dash, it really depends on where you are some times it works good some times it works very bad, it one of those "try it and see if it works good enough for you" type of things, its not a big deal with the GPS antenna because there are a lot more GPS sats in the sky then XM sats. I have had quite a few customers request that there antenna be placed on the dash, only to come back and have it moved later because the reception was not consistant enough. a few of them had mentioned that it seemed to work fine in or near the city but once they got out of the city or on long highways between major cities it would often not work more than it would, also its important for there to be some metal under the antenna for the best reception, this is why pioneer includes a little sheet of metal to be placed under the GPS antenna when it mounted inside the car.