AVIC411.com

A Few Good Mods... (works on 3.01 FW)

I've been tinkering with my AVIC all day, checking SYS.txt files and everything while trying to throw together a bunch of mods that I like from this forum for my F700BT.

Just thought I'd share my compiled work in case other people were trying to do the same thing but didn't know where to start ... ie: h-core beginners. :)

Read the read_me file. All the mod creators are given proper credits. Nothing in this file is new or my own material. I merely put it together for others to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3eba ... f6e8ebb871

----------

What's in it:

1. eurotuner29's Sky Mod

2. CMH 6.6.09 SpeedcamUpdate spud file

3. WilliamG's mod's

-soft bypass hack

-shortcut menu on top left of map when no route is entered

-mute button for guidance

-Pressing compass button to cancel in progress route

4. GadgetB1's Speedcam Mod

I added a few speedcam files (the most up to date ones I could find) for Canada.

The Canadian file only had 1702 cameras so it's not as up to date as it could be,

if anyone has a newer file, please share. :)

-------------------------

Uploaded a video to youtube. :)

-------------------------

I updated the file on MediaFire. I found one problem in the Pioneer_red_night and Pioneer_blue_night files. The backgrounds were coded in as days; not night time backgrounds. I didn't realize until I was out driving around tonight and was wondering why the sky was bright and sunny on my screen when it should have been dark and ominous. :shock:

Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Too have borrowed Mods from people to make my own - enjoy

I'm looking for a current speed mod to add and a fix for better streetname views in 3D mode

list of mods done:

speed cam - (Saftey Cam Mod V3) start with data from

added buttons for stop navi - route delete - keepers

added buttons for nav guidance mute

removed map scale - (will not display with or without route entered) scripts code

removed ( displayed info box ) when no route is entered - scripts code (time to dest. , time left)

map ZOOM CONTROL tilt incease to 8000 instead of 5400

compass changed to linear N-S-E-W and moved up to new location

moved 2D/3D button up

moved shortcut to map confirmation screen - button up

Added custom POI icons (branding) - fastfoods, banks etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f35a ... f6e8ebb871

I'm trying to figure out a way to control the video played from an SD Card... like fast forwarding through an AVI file. Don't know if it's realistic or not. I hate when I shut the car off that the movie starts again from the beginning with no way to get back to the point it left off from.

Haven't seen any mods for something like this... any takers? heh

Thanks, keep us canadians posted on the updates!!

I have 15 or 16 zip files with thousands of traffic, red light, photo radar, and speed camera locations all across Canada. I'm trying to compile one big master list, that hopefully can be uploaded to the stereo or at the very least, used with Avic Feeds and saved to an SD Card.

I've been hammering away at it for a few hours now. Hopefully I'll have it done before Friday. I want to keep it as updated as possible. I know there will be some old information mixed with a lot of new information. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me refine it once I have the first copy completed.

Thanks, keep us canadians posted on the updates!!

I have 15 or 16 zip files with thousands of traffic, red light, photo radar, and speed camera locations all across Canada. I'm trying to compile one big master list, that hopefully can be uploaded to the stereo or at the very least, used with Avic Feeds and saved to an SD Card.

I've been hammering away at it for a few hours now. Hopefully I'll have it done before Friday. I want to keep it as updated as possible. I know there will be some old information mixed with a lot of new information. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me refine it once I have the first copy completed.

AWSOME!! Do u have the beer store logo in the branding zip? I put one in the poi usic avic feeds but it never came through along with the lcbo?

I'm trying to figure out a way to control the video played from an SD Card... like fast forwarding through an AVI file. Don't know if it's realistic or not. I hate when I shut the car off that the movie starts again from the beginning with no way to get back to the point it left off from.

Haven't seen any mods for something like this... any takers? heh

I am not a modder but I get around this problem by remembering about how far into the video I got then searching for that minute the next time I turn it on. Not a great solution but better than the ultra-slow fast forward on the unit.

mediafire is blocked here so can't check right now, but you mentioned it has Canadian speed cam locations, does it have US too?

It does have US ones, but they're just the ones that came with SpeedCam Mod 3.0 and CMH's mod. I don't know how current they are. I live in Canada, and seldom travel to the US.

when ever i hit the tilt button and adjust screen my arrow will run off the screen?

I'm not sure. I can't replicate the error. Do you have other mods installed? Did you follow the instructions? (not trying to sound condescending). This mod is the only one I have on my f700. :)

Is anyone else having this problem that is using the file?

danielwesley,

I'm trying to add "Pressing compass button to cancel in progress route". What do I need to add to my navigatemap800_480 to get that?

Thanks

Bryan

viewtopic.php?t=18032