AVIC411.com

I seem to have intermittent luck. I'm using 7-Zip and use the 7z format when I rezip. Then change the extension from 7z to res. Some icons appear, others do not.

Can someone tell me What settings they have on their 7zip Archiver? Here's what's set on mine...

Archive format: 7z

Compression Level: Normal

Compression method: LZMA

Dictionary Size: 16 MB

Word size: 32

Solid Block Size: 16MB

Encryption Method: AES-256

I've also attached a screenshot.

post-32469-12872758212023_thumb.jpg

I seem to have intermittent luck. I'm using 7-Zip and use the 7z format when I rezip. Then change the extension from 7z to res. Some icons appear, others do not.

Can someone tell me What settings they have on their 7zip Archiver? Here's what's set on mine...

Archive format: 7z

Compression Level: Normal

Compression method: LZMA

Word size: 32

Solid Block Size: 16MB

Encryption Method: AES-256

I've also attached a screenshot.

[attachment=0]Image_res.JPG[/attachment]

try having the setting in zip rather than 7z

Ok,

So I sat down for an hour last night trying different Settings and found the solution of what settings 7-zip needs to properly recompress (zip) the folder for Image.res.

Archive Format: 7z

Compression Level: Fastest

Compression Method: LZMA

Word size: 64

Solid Block Size: Solid

The setings I had to keep tweaking were the dictinary size and the solid block size. Im not sure if the word size makes a different, but the above settings is what worked for me. I'm also including a screen capture of the window.

I did notice that when you unzip the original Image.res with 7-zip, the output is a folder titled "Image" inside another folder titled "Image" with 4 folders inside of it. If you try to rezip the top folder (the first "Image" folder), it wont work properly. Instead, go to the next level (the "Image" folder inside the "Image" folder) and select that for archiving. When you finish archiving it, the result should be Image.7z. Just rename it to Image.res and copy it back to your device. PRESTO! Your custom icons should work!

Happy Moding!

post-32469-12872758327131_thumb.jpg