AVIC411.com

turning-off internal amp?

rca's are "pre-outs" meaning its pre amp, meaning you arent going through the decks amp..... There is no need to "disable" the amp, if you arent using the speaker level which is the amp'd signal then you dont need to worry about the amp at all

you would want to use the rca's they are theoretically cleaner.... the amp in the head unit is really not the best, I mean, contained in the head unit it is also a 50X4 watt amp, compare that to your 50X4 zapco or whatever amp.

I may have "toasted" my preouts while doing the N1 bypass. So, I'm not sure if it'll be possible to use them anymore.

Don't high level your Zapco. For a high-end amp like that, go out and buy some decent or better RCA cables and it will sound FAR better than the high level route

You're absolutely right. I'm running medium grade RCA cables, that I bought from Circuit City. Eventually when the time comes, I'll run a Symbilink Balanced Line Transmitter. I've heard it's susposed to make a world of a difference. Especially with my ads components.

I'll find out Friday, and will let you guys know.

yes, the line-outs bypass the internal amp..... but, on *most* head units i have had you have the ability to simply turn-off the internal amp... not simply bypass it...... granted, having no load on the lines out of the internal amp effectively causes it to suck little juice.... i would still prefer to turn it off all together to reduce heat (and sucking electrons too!)

Sam