AVIC411.com

AVIC Z100BT INSTALLATION PICS!! 2008 CHEVY AVALANCHE

Here we go - I just replaced the factory BOSE navigation system in my new 2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ. Here's a run down of the system with the pricing I paid and where I purchased it:

Head Unit: ZVIC Z100BT - Amazon, $1329 (Discount Jungle)

Amplifier: JL Audio HD600 / 4 - eBay, new, $511.24 (Seller is audio-club)

Front door 6.5" speakers and tweeter: Jl Audio VR650-CSi Car Component System - eBay $129

Rear door 5-1/4" speakers: Alpine SPR-13C Coaxial 2-way speakers - Discount Auto Sound (Newport News, VA), $149 installed

1 Pioneer CD-IU50V USB iPod - Amazon, $42.81

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner - Amazon, $88.78

GMOS-LAN-02 LAN OnStar Interface for Amplified Systems - Amazon, $96.68

PIONEER GEX-P20HD - HD TUNER - Amazon, $91.41

I followed the instructions for the Z100BT bypass, and it works great! Just follow the instructions on a YouTube post if you want video (search for AVIC Z110BT bypass). There are also written instructions in this forum.

NOTE: The AM FM buttons are disabled when you install HD Radio, you simply change bands within the HD tuner! So don't think there is a problem when they don't light up after connecting the HD tuner.

Also, be sure to note the crossover placement if you have a similar GM vehicle and you are installling component speakers.

Okay, now here are the pics! I hope you find this helpful!!!!

BTW - I've reached my limit (10) on attachments, so I'll add a couple more in a reply.

post-36319-12872758222537_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758229339_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758234542_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758240601_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758246385_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758250799_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758279543_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758284335_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758288986_thumb.jpg

post-36319-12872758293503_thumb.jpg

Did you hook this up to your remote start? I have an 08 Avalanche and was able to hook the acc up to a power input that was activated with the remote start and kept power the whole time the car is running. I did my install about 8 months ago and haven't had any problems. The wire is a grey one in the fuse panel of the passenger side. The only down side is you can't keep the retained power and the remote start, or at least I couldn't figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

After you used the GMOS-LAN-02 LAN OnStar Interface for Amplified Systems connector were u able to keep onstar and door chimes like factory? I have a 2007 gmc sierra crew cab with rear audio controls, onstar and steering wheel controls and boss factory radio and have an avicz100bt comin in on sept 9 i would like to keep factory speakers in and just add amp and subs so im trying to find the right conversion cable to hook up to the pioneer and find out if the amp on the factory boss is in the radio are hidden under dash for rest of speakers? Any Ideas..

Thanks

Chad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just completed the install on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe, had to cut some plastic from the bracket that held in the factory radio. The spacing is tight behind the navi but after cutting it barely made it in. I used the GMOS-LAN-02 LAN and retained all factory chimes and onstar. Only thing I lost was the rear entertainment control.

I just read that the PAC OS-4 supports rear entertainment control, too late now everything is in!

Excellent pictures of your z110 going into your avalanche ... i'm surpised you wanted to remove the Bose speakers and throw in jbl's. do you find that there is even a more "richer" sound from the jbl's vs. bose? I' have bose speakers in my truck and noticed after my z110bt was installed, the sound quality significantly improved

Also - here is a question for you ...You know how on your dash where you can turn on/off your air and heat? I would assume that the 08 truck illuminates these buttons when your headlights go on? did any of the illumination buttons on the display panel stop working after you installed your z110? Reason I ask is because I have an 05 gmc yukon SLT and when i had my factory unit removed and the z110 installed, 3 of the buttons that control the heat/air, etc. don't light up anymore. I had the same problem with my last GMC truck which was an '04 yukon and i thought it had something to do with the electrical system in my last truck but now i'm thinking it may be something in the way the z110bt is wired.

Thanks.

I added the amp, and apparently couldn't run the stock Bose speakers with it. BTW - I'm not running JBL speakers, they are JL Audio and Alpines.

Funny, the guys at the car stereo shop that helped had a saying "No highs, no lows.....must be Bose".

I have had no change in dash illumination after installation, so I don't know what might be up with your system. Perhaps someone else in the forum knows?

Also, I just bought an iPad, would love to have that hooked up in the dash! Someone has already done that for a car, check out the video on YouTube: