AVIC411.com

AVIC-X910BT buy it or not?

The X is definitely an upgrade from the F but there is still room for improvement.

The most noticable difference is the touch screen response. The X's response is much much better than the F.

Also, I have been told that the F series had a problem with the flash memory which was apparently fixed for the X series.

Most of the other differences are just cosmetic as far as I can tell. Some different icons, map screen tweaked a little bit....etc...

I would say the X-series is pretty good out of the box without needing to be hacked.

I'm liking my X910BT so far. The only things I've found so far that are annoying, I'm sure there is a fix, are that when a call comes in, the unit goes to the NAV screen. The iPod has to be unplugged and plugged back in if the car has been off for more than 10 minutes. So far that's it.. I think..

eGo

I was between the kenwood and the pioneer for a few months. But when the new x series came out, there's nothing out that touches it. The best bang for your buck. Where are you going to get a full nav, with ipod, bluetooth and voice control, all for less than $800? I'll tell you, no fraking where. I've had the x910 installed in my truck for about 2 months now and I love it. No problems what so ever, not even the ones mentioned above. I never have to reconnect the ipod, nor does mine act up during or after calls. The response time is great, the call quality is superb and the VR is much much better than what I expected. I will give you one tip though, turn of VR catalog mode on the ipod settings and always let the unit boot up completely before pressing any buttons. I always wait for my phone to link before I press anything and mine works flawlessly. But when I first got it, I would press stuff before it fully booted up and it would hang up a bit. My unit takes about 1 min. to fully boot so it's no biggie for me. I say buy it, for the money there's nothing out there close to the avic-910bt.

P.S. My only regret is not spending the extra cash for the z110bt.

Its true that the DNX6140 is faster than the X-series, but it does not have voice commands which, in my opinion, cancels out most of the cons of the Pioneer.

I played with a 6140 at bestbuy before buying my unit. The interface is wack and not userfriendly, plus I didn't notice much of a speed difference between it and my unit. It's a nice HU but the pioneer is much much better for the money.

• 4 months later...

I work at a shop and got my 910 on accommodation. This was in August, it just took a crap and does the boot up death loop. It will be going back and I'll be getting a refurb in its place. Im not exactly thrilled. I think we've had to warranty 80% of the old F90s we put in, one vehicle will be getting its 3rd soon. I thought they had fixed those problems with the 910, but its looking like the didnt.

• 1 month later...