AVIC411.com

ipod sound issues when you change tracks

Are you using the Pioneer iPod cable? If so, that's your issue right there. If it isn't doing it already, in addition to the annoying noise when the track changes, you will soon lose all audio on either the left or right channel. The Pioneer cables are pure crap.

So it's a good news/bad news situation. The good news is, there's nothing wrong with your software, and it's a relatively easy fix. The bad news, you're gonna have to shell out some extra $$$ for a new cable.

After reading a little bit more here, it seems like it may not just be the Pioneer cable, and maybe not entirely a hardware issue. Some people have had to hardwire their A/V cables to the inputs to ensure a successful connection. I have heard of people having success with various cables, but the two that stand out are Apple's own iPod cable, and Monster. It seems that more people are reporting this problem after the 3.0 update, which I have yet to install.

Whatever you choose, you will want to make sure it has a TIGHT connection. I have not used Monster's cables with my stereo, but I do have a Monster A/V cable I use for playing video off my iPod on the TV. The RCA connectors are very snug. If it were me, I would probably go with Monster.

This is related to the pioneer cable. I can contest to that. I switched to the monster cable and my audio issues have yet to reoccur. I made the recommendation in some of my previous post as to which monster cable to use.

Has anyone posted pics of this hardwiring of the RCA cables that I have asked about a few times now. I'm curious how this is done? Anyone????????