AVIC411.com

Hwy lane/exit signs

I was able to move it fairly easily, you have to change the x y value in a couple spots.

A free program that has made my life much easier when searching for all sprite instances is Windows Grep. It is an invaluable tool when modding these units (once you get the hang of it)

I haven't tried to move them off the screen, but I came across two ini files in the ui_pioneer/common folder titled laneifno_signpostpost.ini and laneinfo.ini.

These files are also in one of the branding zips in the APL2 folder but it looks like the files in the pioneer folder takes precedence. I took a couple attempts at changing the sign background color to a green color more in line with actual road signs instead of the almost black/green color that displays. So far I haven't had any luck. I put this off to the side for now as I'm working on other mods.

Just tap the sign and it will go away.

And it will come right back before next exit!

So just tap it again. The only reason I don't want to see the signs is because it blocks the time. Whenever I want to know what time it is, I'll just tap the sign. No biggie.

...the signs also seem to take up some processing power...my unit always slows down and is reluctact to register inputs when it's about to display a sign. In places where there are lots of signs...it really cramps the user experience.

I don't experience that at all on my x910bt.

Just tap the sign and it will go away.

And it will come right back before next exit!

So just tap it again. The only reason I don't want to see the signs is because it blocks the time. Whenever I want to know what time it is, I'll just tap the sign. No biggie.

I don’t bother tapping it because the rout I take back and forth to work I would be tapping every 40 seconds or less.That’s why I would like them to just go away. I just don’t see the point of them I can see the one on the Hwy without taking my eyes off the road.

[

I don’t bother tapping it because the rout I take back and forth to work I would be tapping every 40 seconds or less.That’s why I would like them to just go away. I just don’t see the point of them I can see the one on the Hwy without taking my eyes off the road.

Why would you want to see the time every 40 secs? Just add 40 secs to the last time you looked at it. :lol: The purpose of the signs is when you have a route it highlights the sign that you're supposed to use. I agree, there's really no purpose of having them when you don't have a route entered, but they really don't bother me much, except for blocking the time, which isn't a biggie, since I can just tap it to see it. I'm sure eventually one of the great hackers on this site will figure out how to remove it from the new update.

[

Why would you want to see the time every 40 secs? Just add 40 secs to the last time you looked at it. :lol: The purpose of the signs is when you have a route it highlights the sign that you're supposed to use. I agree, there's really no purpose of having them when you don't have a route entered, but they really don't bother me much, except for blocking the time, which isn't a biggie, since I can just tap it to see it. I'm sure eventually one of the great hackers on this site will figure out how to remove it from the new update.

I don’t remember saying anything about wanting to see the time!

if you don't like the laneinfo signs, just don't update to 3.0...

I would like to know how to move and chage color though, because they should be blue, but as soon as i use a mod of some kind, they turn green....

i believe it's controlled someway through the signpostcolors.csv file in the data.zip conig folder, but haven't really figured it out yet......