AVIC411.com

You think there will be updates to AVIC-Z3?

When the AVIC-Z1 was released, the updates to the maps were handled by the AVIC-Z2 update. The same pretty much went for the AVIC-Z2 to AVIC-Z3.

So now that there will not be an AVIC-Z4, do you think Pioneer will release any updates to the AVIC-Z3? I would love to just get some updated maps. Historically speaking when might we expect this if we can predict that at all?

• 3 weeks later...

Well Im in Canada and called up Pioneer Canada and was told that the release should be out by the end of September. That's what they say though. I personally think they need to release these updats by June every year. Its almost 2010 and still we on the 2008 Maps. Boooooo!!!

Can we say Alpine??? Pioneer is full of crap. People should have to wait till 2010 for a 2009 map update. This is the first company that I have ever seen so behind on updates. That's weak. Like I said before, every June should be a new release. As soon as the 2009 update is release we will be cryin for the 2010 updates. I dunno gonna start lookin at Alpine.

I mean, what can be so friggin' difficult about putting out map updates? Every manufacturer who makes a nav system does it. Pioneer has done it for the Z for at least two years. You would think they would have the system for making and putting out updates down by now. What is the apparent terminal challenge that Pioneer suffers from?

I've been thinkin the same thing. I got a D3 and been waitin for ever. If they decide to release it by November, they might as well release it as a 2010 update and scratch the idea of a 2009. And if its takin so long to release the updates it better be damn worth it. Better be a software upgrade plus firmware as well to have this long ass delay. What's the hold up Pioneer??? Is it cause the new series of navi systems were release u just throw us on the back burner? Pull up ya pants and release the damn map updates.

I dunno I can see them updating the look of how the map displays, makin it look more like how the F series display MINUS the 3D layout. But it puzzels me cause if u look here----->http://www.ctdmarketing.com/factsonramp/images/pdfs/09_Pioneer_DRG_Navi_FINAL.pdf u will get a little more info on the maps. Now I was wondering if this is for the actual disc itself that will upgrade the D/N/Z series systems as well. I have attached the link and if u scroll down to page 10-11 you will see what I am talkin about. It has 2 pics of the 2009 maps and details to them.

"What's New for 2009:

Dramatic improvements for 2009, including hardware, software and more, means the best-selling in-dash navigation systems are even better.

• Improved Rotary Commander design

• Compatible with iPhone and latest iPod models

Hardware Improvement

• Updated beep tones

Updated Tele Atlas map database

• Heading-up 2D map

• Highway sign boards

• Redesigned map UI

• More 3D Landmarks

(1,574 points)

Map Upgrade"

^^ Sure, there could be some more 3D landmarks.

But as for a complete redesign of the OS. I'm not sure thats possible from a simple DVD update. CMFIW, but that would require a lot more data and even some hardware changes.

I mean if you mean a simple color change of the menus, sure, maybe, but I stopped believing in Pioneer long time ago..... :cry: