AVIC411.com

Postcode Navigation, Mute for directions, POI installation

I've just had an f900bt installed and have spent bloody ages reading this forum. Got a couple of questions i'm struggling to find the answers to though:

1 - I live in the UK and on my previous nuvi I could type in a postcode and then the unit prompted me for a house number using that postcode. With the F900 when I enter a postcode it picks a number seemingly at random with no user input. The only way I can find to navigate to the correct house is to enter all the street details etc. Is this correct?

2 - Is it possible to dim the music playing when a nav instruction is given? I gather this is possible on Firmware 3.0 but can you do anything on 2.0?

3 - I'm finding the built in POIs very limited. It doesn't seem to even have any supermarkets! Is it possible some were deleted from my unit? Is it possible to update POIs in the unit without using NAVGATE Feeds and having them permanently on an SD card?

2 - Is it possible to dim the music playing when a nav instruction is given? I gather this is possible on Firmware 3.0 but can you do anything on 2.0?

It's possible in 2.x. It's even described in the manual.

3 - I'm finding the built in POIs very limited. It doesn't seem to even have any supermarkets! Is it possible some were deleted from my unit? Is it possible to update POIs in the unit without using NAVGATE Feeds and having them permanently on an SD card?

Very unlikely... all UK POIs would be one file. Categories can be tricky sometimes, though. You could try searching for all POIs and entering a name of a supermarket. Other than that, hacked EZRider with license file would allow you to install newer POI files...

It's possible in 2.x. It's even described in the manual.

I find a MUT/ATT sort of setting but it's grayed out. Any ideas?

Very unlikely... all UK POIs would be one file. Categories can be tricky sometimes, though. You could try searching for all POIs and entering a name of a supermarket. Other than that, hacked EZRider with license file would allow you to install newer POI files...

Have tried searching without using a category and there is nothing. Is it possible to update POIs without updating the maps first? They aren't tied together?

I find a MUT/ATT sort of setting but it's grayed out. Any ideas?

audio source must be set to "off"

then this option should switch when you push it. something like "Mute" then "Att" (volume lowered but not quite muted) then normal (talks with the music)

normal may only be on 3.0 can't remember but the option is greyed out unless audio source is set at "off"

We as men hate reading manuals. But it would be amazing how much more functional, useful and less aggravating things would be if we all did. Things would have all these cool features, like lower the volume of our music when nav instructions play instead of muting it. Also, if you use things like pioneers nav gate feeder software available on their website, you could do things like modify poi's, settings, backround picture when starting up etc.

Amazing amazing features, no one knows about, eh because we dont read the manual. did you also know if you hold down the menu and map buttons for a period of time they do things othen then show the menu and map?

If only, the manual was read, these things would exist.

We as men hate reading manuals. But it would be amazing how much more functional, useful and less aggravating things would be if we all did. Things would have all these cool features, like lower the volume of our music when nav instructions play instead of muting it. Also, if you use things like pioneers nav gate feeder software available on their website, you could do things like modify poi's, settings, backround picture when starting up etc.

Amazing amazing features, no one knows about, eh because we dont read the manual. did you also know if you hold down the menu and map buttons for a period of time they do things othen then show the menu and map?

If only, the manual was read, these things would exist.

I have read the manual and found it confusing, hence asking for clarification. I knew the mute option was there but not how to access it.

As for POIs, I know about using navfeeds but wondered about doing it differently. Stop being such a smartass and read the post, just as easy as reading the manual. :wink:

Please can someone tell me where the option is to chane the audio source as I can't find it in any if the menus. I would like the background audio to only quieten when nav directions are being given and not completey cut out.

Read the manual :lol:

Only kidding, look in AV settings and make sure your audio source is set to off.