AVIC411.com

Please insert app disc ?

I have a avic n3 that i cant get the nav to work but everything else seems to work fine, cd, dvd, tv, backup camara, xm radio but no nav. It is all hooked up the right way and works great going down the road but anytime i put in the nav disc it locks up the head unit and says to insert the app disk, so i put in the discs that it came with and nothing happens, i have to reset the unit for the tv and the screen to work again, i cant figure it out.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The disc i am trying to use is the cndv-60m West disc, i dont know if this is the right one or not, but when i called pioneer they told me that this is the one that i needed for this unit. It worked fine before i broke the disc it came with, i threw that one away and dont remember if it was the same as the one thet i have now but the color matches, when i had the N1 and N2 i never had a problem i am thinking about going back to one of them units.

I have a similar problem with my N3 - however mine wont play any disc at all including the Nav disc. In my situation, Pioneer told me that the Laser Pickup in my unit was most likely misaligned. However, since yours will play DVD's and CD's, I would say that the problem is most likely with your Map Disc's.

Shawn

• 6 months later...