AVIC411.com

3.0 Map database is not so great!

All errors can be reported to tele atlas on there website..... if everyone helped in doing this.... it would surely bring tele atlas's accuracy match navteq.

Yeah, then we can all buy our corrections next year for $149

It's not the point...... we can either do that... or buy the update again next year and keep bitching about it. A lot of stuff got fixed in my area because I reported it.

Well that's why you should look up where you are going and use the GPS as a guide and not a crutch.

You know, it's funny how I can try and contribute to a thread by posting MY experiences which directly relate to the topic, and then some smart ass comes along trying to insult me... So, just to clarify, I NOTICED that the GPS was not routing me correctly either on my trip OR driving around town, and by saying that I mean it was WAY off... But I didn't say ANYTHING about actually following what the GPS was telling me to do. So please, if you have something to say that will actually contribute, feel free to say it.

Well that's why you should look up where you are going and use the GPS as a guide and not a crutch.

You know, it's funny how I can try and contribute to a thread by posting MY experiences which directly relate to the topic, and then some smart ass comes along trying to insult me... So, just to clarify, I NOTICED that the GPS was not routing me correctly either on my trip OR driving around town, and by saying that I mean it was WAY off... But I didn't say ANYTHING about actually following what the GPS was telling me to do. So please, if you have something to say that will actually contribute, feel free to say it.

Sorry to furl your feathers there bud. My point was that many people rely on the GPS to tell the where to go everywhere. Many forget that long ago people use maps and directions from others to get from one place to another. It sucks that our maps suck with the 3.0 update but I think it should not really change anything in terms of getting from point A to point B especially on long trips. Take a chill pill man.

[. Many forget that long ago people use maps and directions from others to get from one place to another. It sucks that our maps suck with the 3.0 update but I think it should not really change anything in terms of getting from point A to point B especially on long trips. Take a chill pill man.

Long ago people also used horses to get from A to B, I have a cheap Tom Tom which can get the directions correct everytime I have to visit a company on an industrial site I have never visited before, it is a great tool and uses the same map base as my F900BT.

The difference is about £700 and the Pioneer frequently gets it wrong, I also p[lan my jouirney with maps but I don't want to be driving, reading a map, interpreting road signs and watching other traffic, much safer to have a reliable modern Navigational instrument as an aid don't you think.

If a cheap TomTom can get it right with the same map base why then not expect Pioneer to do it, the maps are correct in my F900 its the way the thing interprets the data that is frequently wrong making it a very expensive dash ornament.

I feel sure if Pioneer don't get it right in the end some of the great modders on here will so I put up with it for now.

Sorry to furl your feathers there bud. My point was that many people rely on the GPS to tell the where to go everywhere. Many forget that long ago people use maps and directions from others to get from one place to another. It sucks that our maps suck with the 3.0 update but I think it should not really change anything in terms of getting from point A to point B especially on long trips. Take a chill pill man.

Just sounds like you have it set wrong(or the upgraded changed it). If you have it set for shortest distance it'll tell you to get off the highway all the time because it is actually shorter to do so. You want to set the routing to maximize freeways.

[. Many forget that long ago people use maps and directions from others to get from one place to another. It sucks that our maps suck with the 3.0 update but I think it should not really change anything in terms of getting from point A to point B especially on long trips. Take a chill pill man.

Long ago people also used horses to get from A to B, I have a cheap Tom Tom which can get the directions correct everytime I have to visit a company on an industrial site I have never visited before, it is a great tool and uses the same map base as my F900BT.

The difference is about £700 and the Pioneer frequently gets it wrong, I also p[lan my jouirney with maps but I don't want to be driving, reading a map, interpreting road signs and watching other traffic, much safer to have a reliable modern Navigational instrument as an aid don't you think.

If a cheap TomTom can get it right with the same map base why then not expect Pioneer to do it, the maps are correct in my F900 its the way the thing interprets the data that is frequently wrong making it a very expensive dash ornament.

I feel sure if Pioneer don't get it right in the end some of the great modders on here will so I put up with it for now.

Well from the start I figured that more than likely in the is routing algorithm that is being problematic and not the maps but I was not sure who else used the same maps and how well they worked. I always try to have a general idea of where I am going and what highways to look for on major trips. For local traffic it can obviously be pretty hard to remember it all. Considering that, it makes it a bit extreme to blame the map provider for a routing issue. It is not like the map suddenly doesn't have a highway and tries to get you somewhere else. Even mapquest and goolgle maps have different directions.