AVIC411.com

3.0 Help - speed limit sign hack?

I am trying to add the speed limit sign to my navigation ui file.

I have looked at a few modifications and tried different combinations. This includes seperate layers much like IDT and GTIMatt and including it in the layer like Keeper and others:

For some reason it never shows up (yet I've tried grepping and finding other references of the keys for the text/sprite fields, and can't anything referencing it besides speed cams).

So - what else do I need to do? I added this to may navigate map button layer currently:

;<> Start

;<> End

The thing I am wondering about is if it is the phase model field or maybe the font field? Neither the image nor value shows up. Yes, I believe I am driving on roads where speed limits are known.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

The thing I am wondering about is if it is the phase model field or maybe the font field? Neither the image nor value shows up. Yes, I believe I am driving on roads where speed limits are known.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Phasemodel is used to select a certain sub-image from a multi-image bitmap. I don't think you want to use that with a speed... Try without phasemodel...

This is what I used in mine:

;Posted speed limit

One difference I have found between 2.0 and 3.0 is the section you put it in. I put mine in the section where the FAQ says to put it in the section. Then you just need to make sure that speed.bmp is in the ui_pioneer/common directory.

I haven't been able to work through my mine isn't coming up when I do the same thing. I removed the phase model and made sure the definition was in the same layer definition as the other.

It is obviously user error, since so many mods already have it...just haven't figured out what is different with mine.

I may load a different data.zip to make sure the roads I am driving on do actually have speed limit signs. They did on 8.0 I thought with the other mod I was running, but that was different map data I suppose (but should have been older)

Thanks,

Ben

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is almost exactly one year old, but it seems, the actual problem didn't get solved.

I wonder if there is a procedure, that allows you to see the actual speed limit using the 3.0.

Would be awesome if it'd work for european units too. :wink:

Greetings,

Daniel