AVIC411.com

Service menu / Debug shell PASSWORD?!?!

I've got the AVICZ1 almost into its service menu by opening the face, then pressing the reset in and holding the eject button under the face in then releaseing the reset, but I cannot figure out how to enter the "UP - UP - DOWN - DOWN - ENTER" code that i've used on the AVICD2 and AVICN3.

Anybody got into the SERVICE / DEBUG menu on the Z1?

for the AVICD2, while the unit is in normal operation with the ACC and 12V powered up, hold the open button so that the DVD eject button is revealed, then press the reset button in with a paper clip, and HOLD the DVD eject button. Continue to hold the DVD eject button and release the RESET button. The unit will power up and say somthing about hitting reset. Instead of doing that, press the 'open' key so that you can see the screen again and then enter the super-secret code "UP - UP - DOWN - DOWN - SELECT" using the joystick thing. It will boot into a special service menu.

I got in!

1. Open the face.

2. Hold Eject.

3. Press Reset

4. Once screen says "Push Reset button or Restart Engine" release eject button. LEAVE THE TOUCH SCREEN OPEN!

It took me a while because it allows you to enter 8 buttons before it stops beeping, but by pushing th AV button would make a sound after the beeps stopped. The AV button acts as the backspace button, so if you enter the code wrong, just hit the AV button until it stops beeping and start over. If you closed the touch screen simply push the AV button (should only beep once since it only has to clear the one input button you pushed; the open close button.)

Anyways, the password is:

P.LIST UP

P.LIST UP

P.LIST DOWN

P.LIST DOWN

T (T is always enter)

If the service Menu appears, close the touch screen.

Now it will show a service screen, looks like it is mostly for clearing memory. But TRACK LEFT and TRACK RIGHT will take you to other menus, three in total. Menu 2 is HDD related stuff, and Menu 3 has one option simply called "Bluetooth Device"

I didn't want to play a lot with the menus tonight, but tomorrow I will. I'm sure some of you will be up all night with this.

Menu 2 has an option that gives you access to all of the folder (maybe files) on the Z1 HDD, like I said, I didn't play too much. But, this maybe very helpful to those trying to crack the HDD or just maybe (fingers crossed) add/delete files to the HDD.

I got into this on my AVIC-N1 and made some changes, but i need to save & exit - I couldn't figure out how to do that - anyone successfully made changes & exited the service menu? I know it will be slightly different on my unit, but at least I will have something to look for if I have an example - thanks

I got into this on my AVIC-N1 and made some changes, but i need to save & exit - I couldn't figure out how to do that - anyone successfully made changes & exited the service menu? I know it will be slightly different on my unit, but at least I will have something to look for if I have an example - thanks

You only have to ask once. Posting the same question across different threads is a good way to get ignored. No offence, just trying to help.

You only have to ask once. Posting the same question across different threads is a good way to get ignored. No offence, just trying to help.

I posted in this Z1 hack/mod forum to try to get help from people who wouldn't see my post in the N1 forum - for example, I am a member of the benzworld.org forum, but I only look in the SLK section, so I wouldn't see a similar question in the SL section - all I need is a simple answer from people who have obviously been in the menu and saved their settings! If I can learn how it worked on a Z1, I might be able to figure it out on an N1 - thanks for your help!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...