AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer is aware of the issue and is working on it.

They hope to have it resolved today.

I spoke to em around noon. A real Tech. They said later in the week now. Not Monday, like they said Friday.

oh snap. If I had oly not installed the first one. It really is worse than what I had. Oh, well.

Hi cranbers,

How did you get activation password for your v3 update

Just explain procedure and password length . . if you do not mind. I am struggling

to get what I have paid for (site down for days) . . Looks that you have been a lucky one.

Sincerely, Bob

Yeah this is BS! I do feel bad for a part of japan having a earthquake but as far as all the news I could find it wasnt as seriouse as some may think. Im thinking we are dealing with a algorythim problem or a problem with the security of the 3.0 update. Somthing is wrong with this picture, these server problems are so easy to fix and I think we are all going to get another update becuase of a security leak or somthing. These are just sugestions and I could very well be wrong but I dont think every thing adds up here, just think outside the box and remember no one at pioneer reallly knows whats going on. Come on do you really think pioneer of USA doesnt know whats going on besides a possible earth quake? I called and talked to several people and you will find no one will actually say the earth quake was the cuase of the problem. '

just my thoughts

I got threw to a tech. was on hold for 5 mins. Said that, "They dont expect the server to be up till later in the week. And that the server is based in Japan, and the area has been hit some some sort of Earthquake."

I purchased mine with Paypal. I think im gonna file a dispute on the transaction. See what happens. This is crap.

I got through today also and was told it might be a few days and that the server is in Japan.

I worked in IT for 21 years and find know that a big company like this should have a redundant (co-loacted) system, but it appears they did not. They probably were cutting cost as much as possible like most companies these days.

I am disappointed that I can't get my password now but I don't want to sue or shoot anyone.

I would be fairly certain that many of Pioneer's IT staff were on-call and got called but there are probably bigger problems to deal with. Also we have no idea what problems they have. Maybe they loaded backup and something still did not work correctly. I have had that happen before. When it did I had to rebuild the server then just load the website data, which was probably a days work.

Things happen, take your meds and be patient. Go have a few beers or something. Complaining here may make you feel better but it won't bring the website up any faster.

-------------------- Update ---------------------

Right after I submitted this I saw the above post, tried it and got my password.

Please people I beg you not to update yet if you want to have a radio working! I got the password as the site went up 20 minutes ago and my worse fear that there was another problem maybe right. I got to 3% and my sd card failed. I tried resetting the radio as I was talking to pioneer tech support on the phone and now its dead. It wont continue unless it reads the sd card and for some reason it wont read it. Get your update at your own risk! I will keep you all posted and I have terch support trying to figure this out but its doubtful since its so late. Im so mad now. I got a 2009 vette with no tunes, how would you feel?

god bless to those brave enough to try it with sucess