AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

It's 10:30 AM on Monday in Japan now.. let's see how long it takes to get this site working...

Edit: Sorry it's 10:30 AM not 9:30 AM

I'm curious why everyone thinks the server is in Japan. Pioneernaviationupdate.com resolves to California. Not Japan by any stretch of the imagination. http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=63.83.249.25

You obviously don't work in the IT field.

Haha, that's awesome...There are days when I wish that were true.

Doesn't matter where the front-end web server is, the data entered is being validated (at least to see if you entered your device number in hex) by the server in California but the back-end database could be anywhere in the world. Apparently it's in Japan and there is only one.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter where the front-end web server is, the data entered is being validated (at least to see if you entered your device number in hex) by the server in California but the back-end database could be anywhere in the world. Apparently it's in Japan and there is only one.

Yep, that's very true. If they are in fact running the database on a separate server (especially if it's in Japan), then it could very well explain the issue.

Guys, it's the weekend, 90% of people have Sunday off... You can't reasonably expect anything IT-based to get fixed over the weekend.

If it's not back up Monday, I'll use my resources and find out what the problem is.

Jason, Monday has come and gone in Japan. Would you mind please? This is beginning to wear even my patience. I appreciate whatever you can find out. Thanks.

ok so now it is time for us to flood their phone system and crash that! see below for tech contact number. they open 8-5 pst.......Hate to be them today!

A: Please call the Pioneer Navigation Update Technical Support center at: 1-800-

832-4227. (If you are in Canada, please call: 1-877-283-5901.)

ok so now it is time for us to flood their phone system and crash that! see below for tech contact number. they open 8-5 pst.......Hate to be them today!

A: Please call the Pioneer Navigation Update Technical Support center at: ....

Wow, what a great idea, overload a system that's already not working just to tick off the poor workers there.

You guys are a real piece of work, it's all about you isn't it?

A: Please call the Pioneer Navigation Update Technical Support center at: 1-800-

I have been calling but the offices are closed :?::?::evil::evil:

I have been calling but the offices are closed :?::?::evil::evil:

Well, that would make sense seeing as it's only 7:30 AM for them (PST)

Up until 8:45 AM, the message was that they were closed until 8:00 AM but...

Pioneer just updated the voice line to report that the website is having issues but that we should continue to try repeatedly throughout the day on the off chance that the site comes back up.

Nobody live picks up that phone number :(

-M

I got threw to a tech. was on hold for 5 mins. Said that, "They dont expect the server to be up till later in the week. And that the server is based in Japan, and the area has been hit some some sort of Earthquake."

I purchased mine with Paypal. I think im gonna file a dispute on the transaction. See what happens. This is crap.

" .......10:30AM - Still down, and the correct phone # is 1-800-Pioneer, I just called and guess what, their system is down as well..... "

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Their system was down on Friday at least!

They are doing NOW something that they are supposed to do THREE DAYS AGO!

So, do not blame earthquake in Japan . . it was ONLY extremely bad business practice .. :mrgreen:

" .......10:30AM - Still down, and the correct phone # is 1-800-Pioneer, I just called and guess what, their system is down as well..... "

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Their system was down on Friday at least!

They are doing NOW something that they are supposed to do THREE DAYS AGO!

So, do not blame earthquake in Japan . . it was ONLY extremely bad business practice .. :mrgreen:

they are a day ahead of us, so Friday was their sat, don't know about you but we are closed on Saturdays. earthquake was what Monday morning of there?