AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

Please people I beg you not to update yet if you want to have a radio working! I got the password as the site went up 20 minutes ago and my worse fear that there was another problem maybe right. I got to 3% and my sd card failed. I tried resetting the radio as I was talking to pioneer tech support on the phone and now its dead. It wont continue unless it reads the sd card and for some reason it wont read it. Get your update at your own risk! I will keep you all posted and I have terch support trying to figure this out but its doubtful since its so late. Im so mad now. I got a 2009 vette with no tunes, how would you feel?

god bless to those brave enough to try it with sucess

Same thing here. I got to 3% and it said error, try again. It does this about 3 times, then says to call pioneer. Resetting the radio doesn't help. It boots up and ask for the SD card. If I put in the 1st card, it says wrong card. If I put in the 2nd card, it retries 3 times and says call Pioneer. I was able to transfer the entire SD card to my computer without any errors. I am going to put it on another card and see what happens. This is less than impressive.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Im the only on that got screwed! Im so pissed! Tech support says I will have to open my 2009 corvette dash again and send ti to them and customer service is closed and I have a dead unit now becuase of the update. You have no idea of the upset I have now since I have been waiting so long. Im just gonna bight my tounge now becuase im so mad ill nevermind good luck people :(

i think its because it was the wrong password because I got it too and noticed this at the bottom of the page...

The Password shown above is unique and can only be used with the Device Number (Pioneer navigation unit) and Media Number (CNDV-700HD) you entered on the previous screen. Once you leave this screen, the password CANNOT be regenerated.

It is highly recommended that you print this screen or write down the Password. This Password is required to continue the CNDV-700HD software installation.

For detailed instructions on how to continue the CNDV-700HD software installation, please see Step 2 in the Operation Manual for Updating included in the CNDV-700HD package.

The F900 doesnt use this 'CNDV-700HD ' I bought and have the CNSD-100FM and im afraid the password I got will screw me like they did you

I tried to put the sd card #2 in my pcand it doesnt detect it so Im guessing some of these cards are bad. What ever the problem its total BS and ill be calling pioneer tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to try several computers to find one that would see the sd cards. Im currently copying the files over to a new sd card wish me luck.............................................

I installed my update without any problems whatsoever. I did not have any mods on my deck. Maybe they are bad cards or maybe some mods are causing the problems.

Password should be 16 digits

I have the hardware brake bypass installed, had it since day 1.

I like the unit much better now. Looks better, much more responsive, etc. Now I just need some good mods like the one from Stanislavovich, but ported to 3.0.

I did loose my Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ settings.

I got a good password and my update completed with no problems. I did get that error ( "Update Failed" hit retry to continue). It came up twice, i hit retry both times and it finished. The last time was at 99%, that got me worried but it completed with no errors. My F700 is so much better. It is much improved, too bad it was not like this 13 months ago when i got the unit. I guess the wait paid off. I was thinking of getting a Z110BT regardless of the outcome of this update but now i don't think i will.

As of 8am, East Coast Time, the site is STILL down............

10:30AM - Still down, and the correct phone # is 1-800-Pioneer, I just called and guess what, their system is down as well.....

Finally got my password at about 8:30pm. Update went smooth, got 1 "Update Failed" message, but when I hit retry, I got "Update Successful". Remember to take the final steps and wait for MSN Direct to update before you play around. Check the last 2 pages of the instruction manual that came with the SD cards. Initial impressions are good, my F90 is MUCH faster when scrolling through screens. Key beeps are there, but subdued and very tolerable. I did not lose any AV setings (EQ, SLA, HPF, etc), but my navi settings were gone. I did not drive with the navi yet, so I'll update tomorrow.