AVIC411.com

8gb not working

hey everyone,

i know that the matter of the usb limits has already been addressed on this forum, but i just wanted to ask, does anyone have any ideas as to why the 8gb usb stick that i bought brand new just yesterday isnt detected in my car?

i tried formatting it even though it was brand new, and the only option is FAT32, and ive tried everything from putting just one song on, to like 100 folders! and ive been going from the garage to the computer about 100000 times just formatting and trying everything but nothing seems to work!

This has got to be some kind of ridiculous joke if a $1800 unit i bought brand new here in Australia just 1 month ago cant even read an 8gb usb whereas i have a friend who bout a $700 JVC unit and he has a 32gb usb in there and runs swell. Ill be completely regretting buying my F900BT if i cant even play 8gb. Could it be maybe that when i upgrade to V3, it may accept higher sizes?

Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah the 8gb im talking about is also Sandisk.

i dont have any other 8gb usb's available to try.

the highest that i have got to work is 4gb and it was my friends, i just asked him if i could borrow it to see if it works and when i put it in, it worked perfectly so i thought "oh okay then ill just buy an 8gb...its GOTTA read that" but surely 4gb cant be the highest this thing will go :shock:

i really dont get it, what were Pioneer thinking? so many cheaper brands and even single DINs read huge sizes of storage but this one is having problems.