AVIC411.com

How to? Update F-Series to X-Series

I've bought the 3.0 Firmware and am awaiting the generator site to come back online https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com ... ionupdate/

In the meantime I have a question... when I finish updating is it possible to load up the x710bt software to my f700bt AVIC?

I would really appreciate a step by step guide on the process as I'm sure it can't be as simple as a data.zip drop.

Thanks!

ok so if i were to turn on a x710bt it would be exactly the same as my f700bt w/ 3.0

I believe that is mostly true, but if I'm not mistaking, the x has a hardware graphics accelerator to allow some drag/drop action that isn't in the F.

But in most aspect - it would function almost identical...

EDIT: see post below. The statements above ARE NOT CORRECT.

ok so if i were to turn on a x710bt it would be exactly the same as my f700bt w/ 3.0

I believe that is mostly true, but if I'm not mistaking, the x has a hardware graphics accelerator to allow some drag/drop action that isn't in the F.

But in most aspect - it would function almost identical...

No that is not correct, you are thinking of the new z series. Considering we were running the x series drive image ona f series with no issues, that tells you the hardware is nearly identical, if not actually so. The main difference is the face and button layout.