AVIC411.com

Downgraded F90BT - Now Can't Upgrade to 3.0

I received my upgrade from Pioneer yesterday. I downgraded my system from the X-series firmware by copying my V2.0 flash disk backup. I now have the following:

Map Version: 1.000600

Version: 2.000000

However, the unit boots up and ignores the SD1 from the upgrade. I also tried upgrading to 2.006 and it blows right past that at boot as well.

Help!

Well, I got past that issue. Apparently I did not delete all of the files correctly on MyFlashDisk, as I did this again and copied my 2.0 backup and the V3 SD1 took off after re-boot. I ran into another problem that others have seen. After SD1 update, the "System Startup in Progress" message would not go away. I tried a bunch of stuff to no avail. Finally I just proceeded with the SD2 upgrade. The buttons below the "System Startup in Progress" message work, you just can't see them. Luckily I only had a couple letters on the keyboard I couldn't see, and guessed correctly at their location. SD2 is in the process of upgrading now. I have my fingers crossed.

Was your problem that the update would not start with the x series 3.0 update installed when having SD#1 in the system? I too have the "hacked" version of 3.0 installed and when I try to put my official 3.0 in it just boots normally. Putting in SD#2 does nothing. In fact it finds the audio files that it can play and plays them in a loop.

So all you did to downgrade was delete "My Flash Disk" and copy the 2.0 files back? I thought the OS was updated and this would not have been enough. Good to know if that is the case.

Thanks.

Yes - I had the x series 3.0, so it would not start the upgrade. All I had to do was delete MyFlashDisk and copy the backup over. The first time I must have left something orphaned, because I had to do it again. The upgrades don't seem to care what version of OS you have.

The official F-Series firmware seems to perform slightly better on the unit than the hacked x-series did. The map scrolling is now very smooth, key beeps by default are low, etc.

In my opinion, there are some obvious usability issues that Pioneer could have addressed, but don't seem to bother others here. For example, I listen to XM radio most of the time, and I like to view the map while driving. On the map it tells me the station I'm listening to. I know what station I'm listening to - I selected it. I would like the ability for that area to show song or artist by touching it. Same for iPod or HD radio. Oh well - maybe someday someone will figure out how to hack the UI.

Yes - I had the x series 3.0, so it would not start the upgrade. All I had to do was delete MyFlashDisk and copy the backup over. The first time I must have left something orphaned, because I had to do it again. The upgrades don't seem to care what version of OS you have.

The official F-Series firmware seems to perform slightly better on the unit than the hacked x-series did. The map scrolling is now very smooth, key beeps by default are low, etc.

In my opinion, there are some obvious usability issues that Pioneer could have addressed, but don't seem to bother others here. For example, I listen to XM radio most of the time, and I like to view the map while driving. On the map it tells me the station I'm listening to. I know what station I'm listening to - I selected it. I would like the ability for that area to show song or artist by touching it. Same for iPod or HD radio. Oh well - maybe someday someone will figure out how to hack the UI.

Interesting because today (I have Sirius) and it shows the show name. For example when listening to Howard Stern on 101 in the morning it will show "101 - West Coast Feed". Hopefully they didnt change that. We'll see. I will try to get it recopied and updated today.

My update went exactly the same as yours. I tried deleting the userdata and gps files but that did not work. Actually sent it into a boot loop. So I got the userdata folders from my 3.0 backup and copied those back over. That allowed it to boot. Had to act somewhat fast though because it would sit for a while and reboot with the system starting message after a while. Several minutes so it wasn't all that much if a hurry. It was nice to use the keypad screen from the manual as a guide to the location of the buttons when typing in the password.

how much is the update?

is it worth it to get that instead of the hacked version?

Where do i get it from?

Thanks

It used to be ~$70, but might have gone up to regular price of $120 by now.

It is worth getting for reasons of not stealing maps, which cost money, and having support from Pioneer...

Did any of you check the MSN Version after doing the official update? It says I am supposed to be at 2.6 and I am still at 2.2. Its says to re-insert the #2 card again to do the MSN firmware update but it just tries to play the sounds on the card and not do the update. Anyone know how to get the MSN Update done?

Did any of you check the MSN Version after doing the official update? It says I am supposed to be at 2.6 and I am still at 2.2. Its says to re-insert the #2 card again to do the MSN firmware update but it just tries to play the sounds on the card and not do the update. Anyone know how to get the MSN Update done?

Haven't tried it yet, but per JasonH's guide in the sticky, with the card inserted try going to MSN screen and hit Status button... Might do it...

Right on... thanks guys. :)

A little more info for anyone else that gets stuck on this. Looks like the key is to never eject the card when the unit is updating from SD#2. If you do eject it at some point while the unit is up or it reboots without SD#2 inserted then insert SD#2 and then reboot. Most likely the update is already starting and you dont know it once booted. To check the status look at the MSN Status.

how much is the update?

is it worth it to get that instead of the hacked version?

Where do i get it from?

Thanks

It used to be ~$70, but might have gone up to regular price of $120 by now.

It is worth getting for reasons of not stealing maps, which cost money, and having support from Pioneer...

i plan on buying it just want to know if there is a difference between the hacked version so I can use that in the meantime and do my mods? Please let me know. I cant find where to purchase that on pioneer's website.

i plan on buying it just want to know if there is a difference between the hacked version so I can use that in the meantime and do my mods? Please let me know. I cant find where to purchase that on pioneer's website.

There aren't any major differences, although WInCE might be a tad newer, and it is an official compile for F-series, rather than an X-series image. They will work pretty much the same, though.