AVIC411.com

Hi everyone. I sold my Z2 on Ebay a few weeks ago and when the buyer got it, the upper left hand corner of the unit had been cracked. I've gone through UPS and gotten money back for the damage, but now I'm wanting to have it fixed. I called Pioneer and I think this is rediculous...they charge a flat rate of $200 just to look at it. Then, fixing the unit could possibly cost more than that. The only thing that's broken is the 1/16" or so plastic that is behind the film protective layer, and possibly the LCD screen itself. The film layer also needs to be replaced though. Does anybody know about how much this would cost to have fixed? I don't want a $400 bill because then it wouldn't really be worth it. Anyways, thanks for your help. Here's a picture also.

IMG_0149.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but it seems unlikely that the damage that occurred to the device would have happened if it had been packaged properly. I'm not blaming you specifically (it could have been sloppy minimum wage UPS employee work ethic), but that looks like it had been dropped with absolutely no packing material around it.

When I shipped my device back to Pioneer for warranty service, I wrapped it in 4 layers of bubble wrap, and then air pillows that I had from another package, and then peanuts on top of all of that.

One thing you have to consider with UPS is that they are permitted to drop your package from a 6 ft lift. I think FedEx is a little more gentle with packages, but it can also cost more too. I prefer UPS + my own extreme packing job.

i had the same issue and pioneer charged me just the $200.00 fee. this was 2 years ago. from my understanding it costs $200 to fix any issue.

Right. If it's not covered under warranty, for them to do any repair is a flat $200. They may then charge additionally if they find something else that they feel they can charge you for.

For example, had my F-Series not been under warranty when it went into a non-provoked endless reboot cycle, the price they had quoted me simply to revert it back to a previous firmware version: $270.