AVIC411.com

Getting new maps for newbs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have 2.0006 on my F500BT. Simply swapping my EZrider.exe with the one you provided (and the licenses aswell) won't let me use newer maps, right?

Are there any disadvantages when upgrading to 3.0? I use my unit does its job in europe, in case it matters.

Question...

Is it possible to mix and match map and POI files? I want to use TeleAtlas POI's but NAVTEQ maps, is this possible? Also, I noticed that NAVTEQ has more files such as the dem files. What do I do with those? Will the unit recognize those files and know what to do with them?

Did you read my earlier post? I mixed maps and POI and they work fine. Navteq seems to find address better than Teleatlas in my area. I also used the dem file that came with navteq, and didn't notice anything different.

I did notice that using navteq maps, the lane assist sign boards don't pop up.

OK stupid question time. 99% of my travel is done in just 2-3 U.S. states. Can I upgrade just these few states, without doing all of them? And if I ever decide for a road trip, will I have a problem once I cross a border for a non upgraded state?

As I stated twice in this thread, it works for me. I have been messing with the maps for quite sometime now, tried all sorts of scenarios with different versions and it does work. Try it, if it doesn't work for you , then put your other maps back.

As I stated twice in this thread, it works for me. I have been messing with the maps for quite sometime now, tried all sorts of scenarios with different versions and it does work. Try it, if it doesn't work for you , then put your other maps back.

Sorry I thought you were just mixing the two new sets. Sorry for the newbness, I'll try them and see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
You only have ONE previous post in this thread, so stating twice might be an exaggeration. And, in that post, you only mention mixing maps and POI's, which, based on others' posts sounds like you took maps from one brand and POI's from another. There is nothing to make one assume it is OK to update only certain states, and leave others as is.
You only have ONE previous post in this thread, so stating twice might be an exaggeration. And, in that post, you only mention mixing maps and POI's, which, based on others' posts sounds like you took maps from one brand and POI's from another. There is nothing to make one assume it is OK to update only certain states, and leave others as is.

:cry::cry:

I guess you won't know until you try it. It works for me and that is all that matters.