AVIC411.com

Lost 12V to the Z1, Power Locks and Turn signals. What gives

2007 Element.

Had Z1 installed and working great. Took out center console to wire up amps to rear. Re-installed everything, now I have no power to the Z1. No turn signals, no powerlocks and god knows what else.

I checked EVERY fuse.

Anybody worked on one of these before?

I can hardwire the Z1 but need things like TS and PL.

Any help is appreciated.

Rodric

Charleston, SC

The fact that your turn signals blew out as well, sounds like you shorted something and blew a fuse. Doesn't the element have 2 fuse boxes? One in the car and one in the engine compartment. Did you check both? There are also circuit beakers too I believe. It's possible you have something still shorted and they can't reset. If all the fuses in the dash and in the engine compartment are fine, I would remove what you just put in and see if that lets anything reset.

I re-checked all the fuses. All is fine. The Harness to the radio is solid as the "switched 12v" is fine. Its the constant that is bad... oh yeah.. and no keyless entry or turn signals.

This is extremely frustrating. Do you think a tech at the dealer could tell me what the likely source is if I told him the symptoms?

I ran into the same issue when installing in my 06 Sonata. No truck release, no keyless anything, no lights, no clock, no dash illumination, lots of nothing.

So, after spending about 1 hr looking at fuses and scraping my hand up to hell, I found the culprit.

It was a fuse in the accessory box (set of fuses to the left of the driver).

I had checked every individual fuse, however those were all fine. The fuse that was blown was coupled with a second fuse. They were held together by a yellow plastic container.

So, look in your accessory fuse box and see if they are any big fuses. This was the generic 12 fuse however it looked huge becuase of the plastic container.

I'll take pictures if you want. PM me if you want them.

You guys are NOT going to believe this. The one piece I left off (the main dash panel, was the culprit. The 12V/Keyless AND Turn signals run through the same harness as the HEATER CONTROLS. WTF?

Anyway, all is good now. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Oh.. and I finally got the bluetooth installed. It SUCKS. Nobody can talk to me because it echoes so bad.

Rodric

Move your mic around and try playing with the speaker settings, such as left or right monitoring, speaker volume, etc. Eventually you should be able to find a happy medium. If not replacing the Pioneer mic with a Parrot or Nokia mic has done the trick for some forum members.

Also you can try the fix posted on this board. Reset the Z1 completely with method 4 (I assume).

Before pairing the phone, turn the handset volume on the phone all the way down. Pair the phone. Then after it's paired try it, make a call. Then after it is paired and working turn up the volume again.

I haven't done this personally cause I didn't want to wipe out everything in the Z1. But some report success with this method.