AVIC411.com

Pioneer stole my 3.0 update! And they suck!

I have several posts on here about how I bought the 3.0 version firmware and it screwed up my avic-900bt. Well I sent it back to pioneer like they said and waited 2 weeks and got my radio 3 hours ago. I was told to send my sd cards and passwords witht he unit and gave instructions to update this unit before returning. I thought things were bad enough, I got a 2009 coevette and I dont like pulling the dash out alot even once, becuase of the posssibility of scratching the new intertior. After I installed the radio I started the radio and then I realized it was still version 2.06 and my 09 map and version 3.0 sd cards were gone along with passwords ect. Im so scrfewed and I have talked to pioneer and they dont seem to care. If they dont compinsate me in som way ill never buy a pioneer product again. This is the worse company I have delt with. First of all I thought it was stupid to charge so much for a firmware upgrade then it killed my unit. Im so pissed and im venting

chris

BBB is one of the most useless organizations in the US. If you really wanted to raise hairs I would take it to a state or federal agency that regulates businesses. They have the tendency to like taking on big companies. If you really want to stick it to Pioneer you can always contact The California Department of Consumer Affairs and file a formal complaint as the US office is headquartered in the LA area.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/cons ... help.shtml

The last response I got was that If I can find proof that I bought the sd cards (update) they will resend the cards but the unit will probaly still fail on its update like it did last time. Im so mad. Pioneer is the single worse company I have ever encountered and will no longer purchase them again no matter what they make!

The last response I got was that If I can find proof that I bought the sd cards (update) they will resend the cards but the unit will probaly still fail on its update like it did last time. Im so mad. Pioneer is the single worse company I have ever encountered and will no longer purchase them again no matter what they make!

If you did indeed buy the cards, that won't be difficult at all... they sent me like 4 emails about it and the record of sale is on the Pioneer website.

If, on the other hand, you're lying and you downloaded an illegitimate copy of the 3.0 firmware (I'm not suggesting you did), it will be substantially more difficult to prove you bought the update.

If you did indeed buy the cards, that won't be difficult at all... they sent me like 4 emails about it and the record of sale is on the Pioneer website.

If, on the other hand, you're lying and you downloaded an illegitimate copy of the 3.0 firmware (I'm not suggesting you did), it will be substantially more difficult to prove you bought the update.

Indeed, it's easy enough to send them either the order number, or proof of purchase, I don't see this as an issue.

Hey Chris - Sorry to hear this turned out even worse after sending your unit to Pioneer. I was in the same boat as you and was able to use the files from this forum to update my unit after the official update killed it. Even after recovering my unit and getting it updated, I don't see myself buying another pioneer car stereo. This forum is a major plus for the stereo. You can get it fixed, the info and files are available here. Screw pioneer - do it yourself and move on.

It is unthinkable they are questioning your update purchase. Obviously you did, why else would you have sent them the radio. They need to supply you with the cards. Amazing that not only did they not return your cards, they didn't update the system to the current firmware. I am so glad I skipped on looking to them for help.

You should be able to get the password again from the webpage using your device id. If they won't send new SD cards, send me a PM and I will send you mine. One way or the other, you can get updated.

I have several posts on here about how I bought the 3.0 version firmware and it screwed up my avic-900bt. Well I sent it back to pioneer like they said and waited 2 weeks and got my radio 3 hours ago. I was told to send my sd cards and passwords witht he unit and gave instructions to update this unit before returning. I thought things were bad enough, I got a 2009 coevette and I dont like pulling the dash out alot even once, becuase of the posssibility of scratching the new intertior. After I installed the radio I started the radio and then I realized it was still version 2.06 and my 09 map and version 3.0 sd cards were gone along with passwords ect. Im so scrfewed and I have talked to pioneer and they dont seem to care. If they dont compinsate me in som way ill never buy a pioneer product again. This is the worse company I have delt with. First of all I thought it was stupid to charge so much for a firmware upgrade then it killed my unit. Im so pissed and im venting

chris

if your that worried and bent out of shape about it one might suggest you have a pro do it in a install shop, then they are legally liable if the f something up. Personally I would do with out if I spent hat kind of money on a car, I would go with a nice stand alone nav unit and hoep that the factory unit in an expensive car like that was good enough.

Just a thought man. Heck if you have tha tkind of money why not buy a new z series and have a car audio shop install it for you. Might save you some head ache and the sob story. Not to mention imagine having a theif already drooling over your car, now sees a nice stereo in it. I am sure they wouldn't be so nice regarding your precious dash.

No clue what really happened regarding the update, maybe its morons in the shop, I would of suggested you make a copy of everything, receipts, sd cards, media/device numbers etc as proof. Something got missed or lost.

You could just use the x series drive image, that works great and its virtually identical maybe not quite as new as the 3.0 with wince but its a lot better then the 2.06