AVIC411.com

Cruthfield F series upgrade $66.00

Cruchfield has the F Series Upgrade for Pioneer F-series navigation receiver — and we'd like to extend a special offer: through 9/30, you can save 50% on a software update.

For only $60, you'll get:

• over 320,000 more points of interest

• improved Bluetooth functionality

• more 3D landmarks

• over 120,000 more miles of mapped roads

• 3 new MSN Direct channels

As always, our Advisors are here to answer any questions you may have — just give us a call at

1-800-555-7032.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TP3EtOuy0m ... ws=7520486

So if I have the F500bt and get this F-series {CNSD-100FM} upgrade, it'll work?

or do I need the other upgrade {CNSD-150FM}?

Reason i ask is because I bought the F-series upgrade & now the unit is going to visit the Pioneer Nursery in Ohio to get fixed.

Did I put in the wrong firmware or just make a mistake during the upgrade?

thx

So if I have the F500bt and get this F-series {CNSD-100FM} upgrade, it'll work?

or do I need the other upgrade {CNSD-150FM}?

Reason i ask is because I bought the F-series upgrade & now the unit is going to visit the Pioneer Nursery in Ohio to get fixed.

Did I put in the wrong firmware or just make a mistake during the upgrade?

thx

CNSD-100FM is only for F700 & F900.

CNSD-150FM is only for F500.

I don't think they have the 150FM for sale at crutchfield.

Well, it's awesome that it seems to be working...

I never downloaded the hacked version that was available earlier - people said that it didn't contain all of the fixes that Pioneer said would be in it, and people were pissed off at Pioneer for that. ...But it wasn't even Pioneer's version that they were installing, you know?

Once the official one was in the hands of people on this board, did anybody find differences between the earlier hacked version and the official one?

I never downloaded the hacked version that was available earlier - people said that it didn't contain all of the fixes that Pioneer said would be in it, and people were pissed off at Pioneer for that. ...But it wasn't even Pioneer's version that they were installing, you know

Who said it was missing what? I did not read anything but praise over the "hacked" version that was not so much hacked and more of a exact copy. The version of 3.0 everyone has been using fixes so much and speeds everything up so much its insane. That on top of of fact 3.0 maps are still really old even if they are not as old as 2.0 so its better to use the "hacked" ezrider and get maps that are only a few months old.

Who said it was missing what? I did not read anything but praise over the "hacked" version that was not so much hacked and more of a exact copy. The version of 3.0 everyone has been using fixes so much and speeds everything up so much its insane. That on top of of fact 3.0 maps are still really old even if they are not as old as 2.0 so its better to use the "hacked" ezrider and get maps that are only a few months old.

...but has anybody found any differences between the earlier *unpaid for* version and the version that was distributed via conventional means? All I was saying is that there were things that 3.0 was expected to have that people with the *unpaid for* version did not get -- which a while ago meant to me that there was a possibility that the paid for version was going to be slightly different when it was released.

Here's a direct quote from this board in another thread before the official one was being shipped: "The difference is that the $70 that pioneer is charging is suppouse to have fixed the issues that the units have."

I'm not arguing that the "hacked" version was an improvement, I'm just reiterating my question: are there *any* differences or not?

Save your money. New version hasn't done anything for me except slower boot times and VR is worse than ever. It's a pile. I have had this thing for almost a year and ready to ditch it for something that works. Kenwood is looking better all the time!

...You're the first person I've heard say that... Everybody else seems to say something along the lines of "Well, everything's way faster but there aren't any real fixes/changes in it."

Save your money. New version hasn't done anything for me except slower boot times and VR is worse than ever. It's a pile. I have had this thing for almost a year and ready to ditch it for something that works. Kenwood is looking better all the time!

My F700BT is significantly faster in almost all respects, VR is indeed a bit flaky, but VR cataloging of the ipods is a lot faster if you don't make tons of changes, it seems like they finally changed it to do incremental updates, not to catalog the whole damn ipod every time.

I also like the new maps and nav looks.

I'd say this is pretty far away from "not much has changed" enjoy your Kenwood, best of luck. (seriously.. life is too short to deal with gadgets you don't like)