AVIC411.com

NEW MAP UPDATE FOR FT700BT

OK so I purschased the new map download fot my 5 AVIC 700BT but when I got the download and put it in my daughters car worked great then I went to put it in my truck but it will not allow me to load it so I called Pioneer and come to find out I have to purschase a download for each vechicle THATS BULL . DOES ANYONE HAVE A CRACK FOR THIS OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE???????...... PLEASE HELP :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::x:x:x:x

OK so I purschased the new map download fot my 5 AVIC 700BT but when I got the download and put it in my daughters car worked great then I went to put it in my truck but it will not allow me to load it so I called Pioneer and come to find out I have to purschase a download for each vechicle THATS BULL . DOES ANYONE HAVE A CRACK FOR THIS OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE???????...... PLEASE HELP :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::x:x:x:x

Poor man, I feel sorry for you. You have 5 cars with 5 F700BTs but only one SD-Card. How dare they, to let you buy 5 SD-Cards?

You need to have some computer savy and see http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ec#p183917

That is my thread and no no no. He is still running 2.0 software if he bought the maps update SD card. What you need to do is update 2.0 to 3.0 on all your systems which Pioneer called a map update but in reality the 3.0 update was a huge performance upgrade too.

This thread explains how to update to 3.0 and give you kind of new maps

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751

After that you can update again from the Pioneer update to the absolute newest version

THEN

You can get the newest maps possible from my thread you posted but not before.

This is for real.

My Honda dealer does that trick. To update for free for their customers.

When you put an empty sd card in your unit and read it on your pc you'll see that that the "device.nng"file is written on your sd.

In that way the update card should be blocked for more updates on different units.

Just delete it it does no harm.

i had the x910 myflashdisk image loaded on my f7010bt... updated to 3.01 using the xseries update.. i "borrowed" the official update from a friend of mine just to see what happened .. SD1 doesnt have any updates if ur already at 3.01.. but if you boot ur avic with the SD2 in it.. no password.. no nothing.. it just updated.. im running 3.02 on mine now..

*cough* what was i suppose to do?? once i saw that it worked its not like i could turn my avic off and stop the update =P *cough*

But the password is just generated with the serial number of the unit (no ref to the SD card), hence when the system accepts the SD card (this is forced by removing device.nng) it should work.

Let us know!

Jörg

The password is generated from the Unit ID number. But, you still have to enter the Media ID for the generator to spew out the Unit-based password. And, if the Media ID has been used already, it won't create the Unit-based password. At least that's how it works for the US update SD's and password generator.