AVIC411.com

Legit 3.0 update on top of CMH mods

I have done this and had no problems. With all the great mods done by the guys on this site, I chose CMH's because it was so easy. I get a little(lot) nervous doing the cut & paste or copy mods although I'm 99% sure I would be able to do them. It's just that after spending a good chunk on money on my 90bt, I don't want to end up with a brick. CMH's all-in-one was a very simple/clean mod that took care of the basics and did not clutter up the UI.

Anyway, back to your question. I just followed the instructions included with the update and everything loaded fine with no retries or anything out of the ordinary. To be honest, some of the new features of the update are nice, but I prefer what CMH's mod did as far as ease of use and convenience with the shortcuts, voice mute, and stop route. I find myself, at times, wishing I hadn't done the update.

I am curious, though. Is it difficult to code an install routine for the mods or do the modders just feel it is unnecessary?

I am curious, though. Is it difficult to code an install routine for the mods or do the modders just feel it is unnecessary?

The problem is that unless you go Lexa K's routine and totally rewrite the stock skin to support standalone skin mods (i.e. his Gurjon skin port), you can't really make an installer for mods -- changes are within numerous text files inside a ZIP archive. And they tend to be interrelated so you can't mix and match...

I'm interested in this as I am running mods in my 2.x. So did you just throw the SD card in and follow pioneers instructions or did you revert back to stock before doing the upgrade? If you didn't revert back, after the upgrade were all your modded files gone? I'm hoping that just throwing the SD card in and running the install will wipe everything and leave you with a totally fresh 3.0 with no sign of previous mods, is that the case?

I'm interested in this as I am running mods in my 2.x. So did you just throw the SD card in and follow pioneers instructions or did you revert back to stock before doing the upgrade? If you didn't revert back, after the upgrade were all your modded files gone? I'm hoping that just throwing the SD card in and running the install will wipe everything and leave you with a totally fresh 3.0 with no sign of previous mods, is that the case?

1st SD card takes your F900 back to ver 2.1, second SD card takes it up to Ver 3.020100, I updated mine last night over your mods , it clears all traces of previous mods.