AVIC411.com

divers side mids and tweeter wont play with ipod

This is a weird one, this is my third avic, (haven’t learnt my lesson yet..) It’s the 710 and I put it into an H2. Everything works... but the ipod. Let me be a little clearer. When I am playing my ipod the sound will only play in half they car... but that isn't 100% true either. My lows will still play sound its my mids and tweeter that wont play on the driver side, well it more often then not it wont play the sound will cut in and out...

I have talked to the "pros" and future shop but they looked at me like I had 12 heads, I was going to call the support line for the unit but I have learnt my lesson calling them... So I bring my problem to the real pros, you guys. Any idea what the heck is going on, keep in mind all speakers work when the radio is playing this problem is isolated to the ipod only, and I have plugged in multiple ipods.

You should check to make sure the RCA connectors are attached weel, that the white multi-connector is plugged into the back of the unit well, and that the conductors from the left RCA cable is seated properly in the multi-connector.

I had a similar issue at one time with my unit, except I was only getting the left channel. I discovered that the pink conductor from the RCA wire had come loose in the multi-connector.

BTW, the reason you still get low end is probably due to the H2's amp/speaker arrangement. There is probably a sub-bass deal that feeds off of both channels, so you still get low end throughout the car, even though you are only getting full-range signal from one channel.

Swap your ipod cable trust me, that is your problem. Use the Apple Cable or look at my previous post for the monster cable I'm currently using. DON"T USE THE PIONEER CABLE, I repeat don't use it. Also sending your unit into pioneer so they can reload software like I'm sure they told you will not fix your problem either. I reloaded the software myself after they told me that and it didn't fix it. Once I swapped my cable my sound issues went away.

Swap your ipod cable trust me, that is your problem. Use the Apple Cable or look at my previous post for the monster cable I'm currently using. DON"T USE THE PIONEER CABLE, I repeat don't use it.
Dude. You really need to relax. You've posted the same thing in a bazillion threads.

Yes. YOU had a problem with YOUR Pioneer iPod cable. However, I have two of them with no issues. And, a number of people report losing a channel due to the multi-connector on the back of the unit, not the adapter cable.

So, letting folks know their problem MAY be a bad Pioneer iPod cable, like the one you experienced, is fine. But, telling them to just go out and buy a new cable without doing any testing is kinda dumb. N'est pas? (Pardon my French.)

Swap your ipod cable trust me, that is your problem. Use the Apple Cable or look at my previous post for the monster cable I'm currently using. DON"T USE THE PIONEER CABLE, I repeat don't use it.
Dude. You really need to relax. You've posted the same thing in a bazillion threads.

Yes. YOU had a problem with YOUR Pioneer iPod cable. However, I have two of them with no issues. And, a number of people report losing a channel due to the multi-connector on the back of the unit, not the adapter cable.

So, letting folks know their problem MAY be a bad Pioneer iPod cable, like the one you experienced, is fine. But, telling them to just go out and buy a new cable without doing any testing is kinda dumb. N'est pas? (Pardon my French.)

Okay WISE Guy, Whats your smart solution then.......Exactly you don't have one. Unless you have gone through it don't comment on it. Enough said on that.

Dude, relax.

The Pioneer iPod cables are rather cheap, I can agree that it's easy for too many strands inside to break, resulting in crappy loss of a channel when temperature variances come up. But more commonly the pins and connectors for the unit itself are more susceptible anyway.

There's not a lot of cable or play, and I personally have issues with both.

I regularly have to open up my dash to wiggle the wires back into a working state. Annoying, for sure... kind of plays with my head and makes me paranoid when I'm on the road - sometimes the left side is louder than the right. And sometimes only the right-rear stock speaker (getting these replaced and amped soon) cut out until I wiggle the wiring harness.

Okay WISE Guy, Whats your smart solution then.......Exactly you don't have one. Unless you have gone through it don't comment on it. Enough said on that.

Actually, I've posted a number of times my smart solution to my particular problem.

But, one cannot have a smart solution until one knows the cause of the problem. And, just going out and buying a new cable when there is a good chance nothing is wrong with the present one is the opposite of smart, often referred to as stupid.

Actually, I've posted a number of times my smart solution to my particular problem.

But, one cannot have a smart solution until one knows the cause of the problem. And, just going out and buying a new cable when there is a good chance nothing is wrong with the present one is the opposite of smart, often referred to as stupid.

It is called troubleshooting and the process of elimination. The cable was/is the cause of the problem like I said.

I am having the same problem with my F90BT, sometimes when it starts up it is fine, other times no sound on drivers side. Sometimes I hit reset and when it reboots I have sound on drivers side. It is not the cable for the iPod, i havent checked the harness, but I find it does it only every now and then and sometimes it is fine after a reset. I have only had this issue since I went 3.0 never had it with the 2.0 firmware.

- Dan

It has nothing to do with firmware/software. It is a hardware issue, one Pioneer is aware of. The plug that the white harness plugs into that connects all the RCA cables to the unit has a weak solder joint and causes the iPod RCA inputs from the iPod cable to short out either left or right or both, sometimes fade in and out (loosing connection). Send it in for repairs...