AVIC411.com

Best price??

Hey All,

I want to know where the best price is to get this great system... I also was wondering how some of you picked it up for $400.00 bucks? Help us poor guys out, please! Is it true that Pioneer was offering it to dealers for this low price to get people interested? Is that common? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All,

Is it true that Pioneer was offering it to dealers for this low price to get people interested? :D

Yes that was true but they sold out of them pretty quick. They were apparently offering only a small number of units for that price. My dealer just did miss his chance to get one for that price.

My bet is that it drops and big but it will take time. Look at the Kenwood 9140 for instance. It's retail was around $2k when it first came out about 4 months before this Pioneer. It can be had for around $1300 + shipping now if you look around. It might take until next summer when the new models start coming out again tho. Maybe around Christmas too tho - all depends on how this units sells to the public would be my guess. Of course this is all speculation now.

I bet they went quick! The cheapest I have found it for is about $1200.00. That hurts alot, but even more when you know some picked it up for $400.00. Do they usually drop after awhile or do you think this will stay about the norm for sometime.

I've found cheaper than that, but NOT from authorized dealers. See my thread for 6ave pricing ($1150 - name your own).

Ya, they have a website for dealers with trainings and crap on there. Its been around for a while, but that is by far the best deal they have ever had. Gotta be an employee of a legit dealer and it still sold out in like 10 days

Hey All,

I want to know where the best price is to get this great system... I also was wondering how some of you picked it up for $400.00 bucks? Help us poor guys out, please! Is it true that Pioneer was offering it to dealers for this low price to get people interested? Is that common? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

Come on now it not like this is uncommon for high ticket items, car dealers for example. The managers drive the latest model (at very little cost to them) then sell them the car at discount a months later. Even on the other spectrum like the food industry, I know people who can have 1 free meal a day from the place they work at. Also think about it, this is probably the best advertising electronics companies could get. Would you buy a car if you only got to look at a model, well how do you test drive a navi system? You let an installer show you his ride. I would bet that helps move units more then anything.

I would guess 400 is probably around cost or below for the parts alone but for new technology ~25% is normal. When you buy technology you are paying for R/D, technical staff salaries, retooling, documentation, etc. As time goes on this things get paid for and costs lower but so does demand. And don't forget overhead; things like storage, paying employees, shipping and keeping the lights on.