AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT - Problems Getting Bypass Working (soft and hard)

[sOLVED]

Howdy everyone. I recently installed the AVIC-F90BT in my Toyota Tundra 2004. Other than the PAC-TATO (convert proprietary JBL digital signal in RCA analog) and the PAC SWI-PS (steering wheel control interface), it was a pretty standard install (only other thing was the double-din install kit).

My problem is with getting the bypasses to work.

For the hardware bypass, I did two things.

1.) Following the instructions in http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013, I moved the mute wire pin to the adjacent row (4th pin from the edge)

2.) Grounded the parking break wire (long green wire if I remember right) to the ground for the radio.

This solved the problem of not being able to modify the settings while parked, but after I headed out onto the road, it popped up a window telling my parking break is improperly configured... thus (after moving), the radio disabled everything it disables while in motion.

For the software bypass, I followed the information in the http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715 post. I downloaded the data.zip to an SD card, modified the pioneer.ini file (had to use WinZip - using explorer mode said the pioneer.ini file was read only), made a backup of the original data.zip file, and then copied the newly modified file into its place on the AVIC-F90BT.

I would suspect I have two problems, although both may be resolved with one solution.

1.) I get the message when I start driving about the parking break being improperly configured.

2.) The unit still disables all the other sections of the interface while in motion.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

i installed the f90bt in my mustang with the 460 mach system in it, bot the speakers setup right but the nav and dvd isn't working, bought it from a guy that said the software bypass was installed but it never worked had a friend do the hardwire bypass and it still dosent work. GPS will not let me enter addresses and the dvd shows no pictures just the controls, it will not even let me in to all the settings just the av settings, any ideas thought installing the 3.0 just wanted some else opion before i buy the update

I'd recommend baselineing the software. Meaning, put a standard retail distribution of either 2.0, or 3.0 on the AVIC. Then, follow the instructions in the forums for the hardware bypass http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013.

Basically, once you move the pin, take the parking break wire (green) and mute wire (yellow), and connect them to the ground for the radio to the vehicle. Both the mute wire and parking break wire have to be grounded together to the ground of the vehicle (same ground the radio uses - should be a black wire).

I just sent my F90BT out to Pioneer to get it repaired since it started the endless reboot cycle. The service rep on the phone asked if I had done the Parking Brake Bypass and I rofled in his general direction. No way in hell am I giving him any reason to deny me warranty service. There's no reason whatsoever that my having done the Hardware Bypass would have any effect on the software stability, seeing as I've had the bypass totally functional for more than a month before it started doing it.

Roflservice.

Hi all:

Newbie here on the forum. Since this is a short thread I would like for anyone to answer my related questions. I am planning to install my F90BT as follows:

1) Ground the parking brake wire (pale green)

2) Leave the mute wire as is (I don't know if I can get it out of the connector without hosing it up)

3) Ignore the VSS and the reverse sensing wires

My question is with this admittedly half assed install, what can can I expect in performance and capabilities? I don't mind nag screens as long as they can be overridden, I will reserve the software hack for a last ditch solution.

Hi all:

Newbie here on the forum. Since this is a short thread I would like for anyone to answer my related questions. I am planning to install my F90BT as follows:

1) Ground the parking brake wire (pale green)

2) Leave the mute wire as is (I don't know if I can get it out of the connector without hosing it up)

3) Ignore the VSS and the reverse sensing wires

My question is with this admittedly half assed install, what can can I expect in performance and capabilities? I don't mind nag screens as long as they can be overridden, I will reserve the software hack for a last ditch solution.

With the setup you describe, everything will work okay, but:

1) You will get a nag screen everytime you start out and hit about 10-15 mph that says you have the parking brake wiring wrong. Once you "ok" that message, it will go away for the rest of the trip. When driving faster than 10-15 mph, you will be able to listen to a DVD, but no video will appear on the screen, and the navigation options for entering a new address or changing your settings will be greyed out and will not available until you slow down or stop.

2) Lack of VSS connection may slightly degrade navigation - especially in tunnels or areas of poor GPS reception - most likely it won't be noticable.

3) You only need the reverse sensing wire if you are using a back-up camera and you want it to switch on automatically.

If you get tired of the limits described in item number 1, you can try the software bypass described elsewhere in this forum. Read through the threads and you'll find detailed directions.