AVIC411.com

Run AVIC-D2 off household power

Hey, is it possible to run the AVIC-D2 off the household electricity? I was thinking of using an AT power supply for a PC to deliver the 12v needed, but I wanted to get feedback before I did anything. I'm not even sure what the pinouts are at all. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

You can definitely run it off a computer power supply, that's how I do all of my upgrades (easier than running out to the car). Take an old power supply, cut off all of the orange and red wires (they're 3V and 5V, no use for them now), and solder all of the yellow (12V) wires together and black (ground) wires together. There is also a thin green wire in the middle of the connector that needs to be grounded, as this is what turns the power supply on and off. There you have it... a 12V power supply that'll easily drive anything you need it for.

Thanks. I did that, and I did use the pinouts that were in the manual. Unfortunately one of the wires slipped and short-circuited and, well... *ZAP* :(

The nav unit is now going on eBay and being sold "AS IS". *sighs* Just my luck, lol.

FWIW, guys here are always looking for parts...especially screens. Look through those threads.